Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to configure in JBoss 4.0 for using Spring/Hibernate?

I am new to Spring. Could somebody tell me how to configure JBoss to run Spring (with Hibernate) for data access? Where shoud I put the applicationContext.xml file? If you can point me to some tutorial on the detail set up of Spring in JBoss, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Lilly

Lilly,

There should be no setup details that are specific to JBoss. If you are building a web application you simply deploy your applicationContext.xml somewhere in your application (WEB-INF or the classpath usually) and load it using either ContextLoaderServlet or ContextLoaderListener (preferred).

You can find more details for this in the reference manual under Spring MVC.

Rob

Comment

Portability between containers is a major Spring benefit. You should not need to use JBoss-specific configuration. Look at the PetClinic sample application for an illustration of Hibernate configuration, using Spring's LocalSessionFactoryBean, that will run in any J2EE container--or in a pure web container such as Hibernate or a standalone application.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks. I solved the problem.

Lilly

Comment

Working...
        X