Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cglib support conflit with hibernate 2 and 3?

hi..

hibernate 3.x uses cglib 2.1.3 while hibernate 2.1.7c uses cglib 2.0.2, our homegrown framework uses internally hibernate 2, but while attempting to integrate jbpm, (which uses hibernate 3) we encounter methodDoesNotExistException, this does make sense to me as i understand that the two hibernates , were designed from the start to operate side-by-side.
    how can we resove this? can we use cglib 2.1.3 with hibernate 2?

Are you trying to put both the Hibernate and CGLIB lib jars on the classpath? I would have thought this would cause you the problems you've seen. Have you tried just using the latest Hibernate 3 jar? I would have thought this working however is wishful thinking.
    Last edited by karldmoore; Aug 27th, 2007, 03:52 PM.

Comment

i cannot simply replace hibernate 2 with 3,i don't know the side effect that cause to our framework, so i have to use hibernate 2 AND 3.

Comment

Even if you get Hibernate 2 to work with the latest cglib version you still have 10 or so libraries that are shared, that might be compatible, but most probably are not.

Personally, I'd say migrating to H3 is the only realistic way.

Comment

Originally posted by dejanp View Post
          Personally, I'd say migrating to H3 is the only realistic way.
          That seems like a sensible way to go. I'm not sure if it's of any use or not, but I'm sure that OSGi helps with problem like this. Different bundles can have dependencies on different JAR versions.

Comment

that's in the roadmap

but not for now, what's the point of having to go all the trouble of changing the package names and stilll being forced to migrate?

OSGI has been suggested as foundation of a jsr in java 7.

Comment

What solutions do you have in mind?

Comment

well that's why i'm here , was wondering if anyone has ideas abou this, we so far changed to cglib 2.1.3 for hibernate 2 as welll.

Comment

IMHO, I don't there are a lot of options. Use an old version of whatever you are trying to integrate that works with Hibernate 2.x.

Comment

Working...
                  X