X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best practices for Hibernate/Spring/Caching config

I am using Hibernate for the first time on a Spring web app and am looking for some best practice guidance on how to configure the caching. I'm planning to use ehcache, and found the org.springframework.cache.ehcache.EhCacheManagerFa ctoryBean in the Spring API.

I found this post and implemented it. However, it appears from the logs that two separate caches are being created:

Code:
    08:13:34,782  INFO [/dc]:647 - Initializing Spring root WebApplicationContext
    08:13:34,844  INFO RuntimeEnvironmentXmlWebApplicationContext:378 - Refreshing edu.bju.shared.util.spring.RuntimeEnvironmentXmlWebApplicationContext@10ab323: display name [Root WebApplicationContext]; startup date [Tue Jul 17 08:13:34 EDT 2007]; root of context hierarchy
    08:13:35,673  INFO RuntimeEnvironmentXmlWebApplicationContext:393 - Bean factory for application context 
    08:13:39,627  WARN CacheManager:292 - Creating a new instance of CacheManager using the diskStorePath "C:\DOCUME~1\Sschaub1\LOCALS~1\Temp\" which is already used by an existing CacheManager.
    The source of the configuration was classpath.
    The diskStore path for this CacheManager will be set to C:\DOCUME~1\Sschaub1\LOCALS~1\Temp\\ehcache_auto_created_1184674419627.
    To avoid this warning consider using the CacheManager factory methods to create a singleton CacheManager or specifying a separate ehcache configuration (ehcache.xml) for each CacheManager instance.
    08:13:40,425  WARN EhCacheProvider:36 - Could not find configuration [edu.bju.shared.model.people.PersonWareHouse]; using defaults.
    08:13:40,440 DEBUG EhCacheProvider:39 - started EHCache region: edu.bju.shared.model.people.PersonWareHouse
    08:13:40,690  WARN EhCacheProvider:36 - Could not find configuration [edu.bju.shared.model.people.PersonWareHouseLite]; using defaults.
    08:13:40,690 DEBUG EhCacheProvider:39 - started EHCache region: edu.bju.shared.model.people.PersonWareHouseLite
    08:13:41,128  WARN EhCacheProvider:36 - Could not find configuration [org.hibernate.cache.UpdateTimestampsCache]; using defaults.
    08:13:41,128 DEBUG EhCacheProvider:39 - started EHCache region: org.hibernate.cache.UpdateTimestampsCache
    08:13:41,128  WARN EhCacheProvider:36 - Could not find configuration [org.hibernate.cache.StandardQueryCache]; using defaults.
    08:13:41,144 DEBUG EhCacheProvider:39 - started EHCache region: org.hibernate.cache.StandardQueryCache
    08:13:41,878  WARN CacheManager:292 - Creating a new instance of CacheManager using the diskStorePath "C:\DOCUME~1\Sschaub1\LOCALS~1\Temp\" which is already used by an existing CacheManager.
    The source of the configuration was classpath.
    The diskStore path for this CacheManager will be set to C:\DOCUME~1\Sschaub1\LOCALS~1\Temp\\ehcache_auto_created_1184674421878.
    To avoid this warning consider using the CacheManager factory methods to create a singleton CacheManager or specifying a separate ehcache configuration (ehcache.xml) for each CacheManager instance.
    I think I want a single cache that is shared by both the servlet and application contexts, correct? I would appreciate some advice.

Stephen

I was hoping for some feedback on this -- was it a super dumb question? <grin> Or just not worth bothering about?

Stephen

Comment

Spring modules provides a module for caching. Have a look at it, might help: https://springmodules.dev.java.net/d...single/#d0e495

Comment

Working...
      X