Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Problems regarding Hibernate after updating Spring 1.2.x to 2.0.x Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems regarding Hibernate after updating Spring 1.2.x to 2.0.x

Hi guys,

I have to update Spring 1.2.x to Spring 2.0.x in an old application which also uses Hibernate 3.0.x.

After updating, I get a NoClassDefFound: org.hibernate.exception.DataException
    So, is Spring 2.0.x compatible with Hibernate 3.0.x?
    Is it just a matter of this NoClassDefFound problem, or is there any other problem?

Thanks in advance,
    Cheers,

Sergio B.

No problems here with Spring 2.0 and Hibernate 3.0, 3.1 and 3.2. Also make sure that you use the correct Hibernate support classes (if you use those that is). Also make sure that you don't have some other hibernate/spring jar in your classpath, make sure that there is only 1.

Comment

Originally posted by mdeinum View Post
      No problems here with Spring 2.0 and Hibernate 3.0, 3.1 and 3.2. Also make sure that you use the correct Hibernate support classes (if you use those that is). Also make sure that you don't have some other hibernate/spring jar in your classpath, make sure that there is only 1.
      Mmmmhhhhh ....
      The problem is that Hibernate 3.0.x doesn't *actually* have that exception class, and you'll never get the NoClassDefFound error until you don't get that exception.
      However, I hope that the problem is just that one.

Thanks,
      Cheers,

Sergio B.

Comment

I think that it is a little worse I think that you will get it each time you get an Exception from Hibernate. It is one that is checked in the begining of the SessionFactoryUtils#convertHibernateAccessExceptio n method.

You might try a version before Spring 2.0.6 to check if it is also in there (maybe the original 2.0 release?).

Edit:

According to the changelog it was added in 2.0.3 so changing to 2.0.2 would probably fix it. Next to that I would suggest a reording in the SessionFactoryUtils convert method, maybe raise a JIRA issue for that?
        Last edited by Marten Deinum; Jul 16th, 2007, 06:12 AM.

Comment

I think that it is a little worse I think that you will get it each time you get an Exception from Hibernate. It is one that is checked in the begining of the SessionFactoryUtils#convertHibernateAccessExceptio n method.
          Yes, I know.
          At the moment I've solved by including in my libraries a jar with the missing exception.

According to the changelog it was added in 2.0.3 so changing to 2.0.2 would probably fix it. Next to that I would suggest a reording in the SessionFactoryUtils convert method, maybe raise a JIRA issue for that?
          Thanks for the info.
          I'm going to raise a Jira issue.

Cheers,

Sergio B.

Comment

Is there a reference to the JIRA issue?
            Last edited by karldmoore; Aug 27th, 2007, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by karldmoore View Post
              Is there a reference to the JIRA issue?
              http://opensource.atlassian.com/proj...rowse/SPR-3687

Comment

Working...
              X