Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To save multiple form copies through Hibernate

Hi,

I am using Spring MVC and Hibernate. I have a form with various fields including name, age, address etcc. I would like to save the form multiple times for different user names but the rest of the fields in the form are common to all the users. When I try to use a loop and call saveorupdate of hibernate, only one form gets saved and am not able to save all.
    How do I resolve this problem. Can this be solved via cloning the objects? If so where should I clone the objecst? Is it in a class where i implement the AbstractWizardFormController class? Any help would be greatly appreciable! Is there any other way!

Thx in advance.

Hi
    Code:
    for (int i=0; i < sampleName.length; i++)
               {
                   String tmp = sampleName[i];                
                   Sample formCopy = (Sample)sample.clone();
                   formCopy.getDetail().setName(tmp);   
                   model.put("form", formCopy); 
                   System.out.println ("Tmp is:" + sample.getName());
                   this.getSampleManager().saveOrUpdateSample(formCopy);  
    }
    I used the above code to save my form multiple times. The problem is all the form gets saved in the same name and name doesn't change. How do I get rids of this!
    And also there seems to be some problem while deleting my records as it says "child record...available"
    Thx.

Comment

Have you implemented the clone method yourself? Make sure that you clone everything, create a net Detail object etc. Don't reuse anything from the old object. If that happens Hibernate detects it as an already managed object and updates it if it finds any changes.

I would simply create a new Sample object before saving instead, that ensures that you have a non-managed object.

Comment

Originally posted by mdeinum View Post
        I would simply create a new Sample object before saving instead, that ensures that you have a non-managed object.
        You could always add a copy constructor to make this a little nicer.
        Last edited by karldmoore; Aug 29th, 2007, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Yes, thx for ur response. I did try with creating new sample everytime. And I could save records in teh database. but while trying to delete any record I get an exception like this.

Code:
          The system was unable to delete the samples!

org.springframework.dao.DataIntegrityViolationException: Hibernate operation: Could not execute JDBC batch update; SQL [delete from SCSF_QC where QC_ID=?]; ORA-02292: integrity constraint (DEV_SCSF_DB.FKE1EB38C63F64C6E2) violated - child record found
          ; nested exception is java.sql.BatchUpdateException: ORA-02292: integrity constraint (DEV_SCSF_DB.FKE1EB38C63F64C6E2) violated - child record found

java.sql.BatchUpdateException: ORA-02292: integrity constraint (DEV_SCSF_DB.FKE1EB38C63F64C6E2) violated - child record found
          Can anyone suggest why this occurs?

Comment

I would presume you might have a foreign key reference to another object, but you aren't cascading the delete.
            Last edited by karldmoore; Aug 29th, 2007, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X