Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
LocalContainerEntityManagerFactoryBean recursion->StackOverflowError Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LocalContainerEntityManagerFactoryBean recursion->StackOverflowError

I have a working test for a Hibernate JPA based DAO running with LocalEntityManagerFactoryBean. The test is a JUnit test based on AbstractTransactionalDataSourceSpringContextTests.

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <beans xmlns="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
        xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-2.0.xsd">

<bean id="dataSource" class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource" destroy-method="close">
            <property name="driverClassName" value="org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver" />
            <property name="url" value="jdbc:hsqldb:mem:database" />
            <property name="username" value="sa" />
            <property name="password" value="" />
            <property name="defaultAutoCommit" value="false"></property>
        </bean>

<!--bean id="entityManagerFactory" class="org.springframework.orm.jpa.LocalEntityManagerFactoryBean">
            <property name="persistenceUnitName" value="freelancer" />
            </bean-->

<bean id="entityManagerFactory" class="org.springframework.orm.jpa.LocalContainerEntityManagerFactoryBean">
            <property name="dataSource" ref="dataSource" />
            <property name="persistenceUnitName" value="freelancer" />
        </bean>

<bean id="abstractDao" abstract="true">
            <property name="entityManagerFactory" ref="entityManagerFactory" />
        </bean>

<bean id="projectDao" parent="abstractDao" class="at.martinahrer.freelancer.dao.jpa.JpaProjectDao">
            <property name="implementationClass" value="at.martinahrer.freelancer.model.Project" />
        </bean>

<bean id="activityDao" parent="abstractDao" class="at.martinahrer.freelancer.dao.jpa.JpaActivityDao">
            <property name="implementationClass" value="at.martinahrer.freelancer.model.Activity" />
        </bean>

<bean id="transactionManager" class="org.springframework.orm.jpa.JpaTransactionManager">
            <property name="entityManagerFactory" ref="entityManagerFactory" />
        </bean>
    </beans>
    As soon as I switch to the LocalContainerEntityManagerFactoryBean in order to explicitly set the dataSource the code starts a recursion and ends with a StackOverflowError!

Is there any parameter missing that configures the LocalContainerEntityManagerFactoryBean - I only aim at overriding the dataSource as specified in persistence.xml!

Code:
    org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'entityManagerFactory' defined in class path resource [applicationContext-jpa.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.StackOverflowError
    Caused by: java.lang.StackOverflowError
        at org.apache.xerces.util.URI.isConformantSchemeName(URI.java:1213)
        at org.apache.xerces.util.URI.setScheme(URI.java:904)
        at org.apache.xerces.util.URI.initializeScheme(URI.java:576)
        at org.apache.xerces.util.URI.initialize(URI.java:400)
        at org.apache.xerces.util.URI.<init>(URI.java:211)
        at org.apache.xerces.util.URI.<init>(URI.java:195)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.expandSystemId(XMLEntityManager.java:1140)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.resolveEntity(XMLEntityManager.java:581)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaLoader.xsdToXMLInputSource(XMLSchemaLoader.java:625)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaLoader.processJAXPSchemaSource(XMLSchemaLoader.java:580)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaLoader.loadSchema(XMLSchemaLoader.java:489)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaLoader.processJAXPSchemaSource(XMLSchemaLoader.java:588)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaLoader.loadSchema(XMLSchemaLoader.java:489)
        at ....

I am not sure it is mandatory, but I think you should inject the "jpaVendorAdapter" property into your "LocalContainerEntityManagerFactoryBean".

Comment

Julien, I have tried a vendor adapter with no improvement - looking at the JavaDoc and the source I don't think that it is related to that problem.

<property name="jpaVendorAdapter">
      <bean class="org.springframework.orm.jpa.vendor.Hibernat eJpaVendorAdapter">
      <property name="database" value="HSQL" />
      <property name="showSql" value="true" />
      <property name="generateDdl" value="true" />
      </bean>
      </property>

The weird thing is that the recursion seems to occur when XmlSchemaLoader tries to load some XML ....

Comment

Which version of Xerces are you using?

I've heard there were some significant bugs in older Xerces releases, and it's the component that causes the StackOverflowError...

Comment

Julien, you are just confirming what I was debugging now. In fact I had a xercesImpl-2.0.2. Upgrading to the latest version resolves this issue.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X