X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lazy loading across sessions

When i login to my webapp my User object gets loaded using hibernate, i store this Object in my HttpSession, on the resulting webpage show some of the properties of the User object, these get lazyly loaded from the view (thanks to the OpenSessionInViewInterceptor).

Now when i request another page, thus resulting in a new session (opened by the interceptor). Now there is no problem using the properties that where initially loaded, but when i want to use a property that was not yet loaded the first time i get a "LazyInitializationException - could not initialize proxy - the owning Session was closed."

Is there a way i can lazily load my User object properties using the newly created session ?

Or am i tackling this the whole wrong way ... i mean, i wouldnt like to have to just store the id of the User object in my HttpSession and always having to load the User object in every page.

Here's an interesting discussion.

Comment

thanks for the reply ... so its basicly impossible

so i ll test what would be the best solution
      1) just store the User id in the HttpSession and load the User object in every page, but have the User object stored in 2nd level cache
      2) unlazy fetching of the whole User object (quite big)

Comment

Not impossible. Never implemented it myself, but you can find some guide:
        http://www.hibernate.org/43.html#A5
        http://opensource.atlassian.com/conf...on?pageId=1447

Comment

The alternative is reattaching the entity to the Hibernate Session when you want to lazy load more associations.
          Last edited by karldmoore; Aug 29th, 2007, 11:31 AM.

Comment

just store the ID, pull it every request but rely on the 2nd level cache. works fine, no trip to the DB.

Comment

Originally posted by lloyd.mcclendon View Post
              just store the ID, pull it every request but rely on the 2nd level cache. works fine, no trip to the DB.
              That's fine if you aren't making any changes to the entity.

Comment

If that user object is used on every page, it might make sense to eagerly fetch all data when loading the object the first time.

Simon

Comment

Originally posted by sniederb View Post
                  If that user object is used on every page, it might make sense to eagerly fetch all data when loading the object the first time.
                  I think this is typically the easiest way of solving the problem.

Comment

Working...
                  X