• Working with Oracle Objects

Hi,

I'm working on an application which has the following configuration

JBoss 4 server
    Spring 2
    Hibernate 3.2.4.GA
    Oracle 10g database (10.2.0.2.0)
    JDK 1.5

I want to invoke a procedure that takes in an array of Oracle objects. To do this I need to create instances of the following objects

oracle.sql.StructDescriptor
    oracle.sql.STRUCT
    oracle.sql.ArrayDescriptor
    oracle.sql.Array

I am trying to create the StructDescriptor object using the connection obtained from hibernate (session.connection() method) but getting a ClassCastException as the call to create a StructDescriptor object seems to be type casting the connection to oracle.jdbc.OracleConnection

Specifically I have the following line in my code which creates an instance of oracle.sql.StructDescriptor class as follows

StructDescriptor.createDescriptor("someSqlObject", session.connection());

Where session is my org.hibernate.Session object.

So I have 2 questions:

1. Why can't we cast connection retrieved from session.connection() method to oracle.jdbc.OracleConnection ? Is there a work around to the ClassCastException error ?

2. Why is the session.connection() method deprecated ? Is there any alternative that we can use ?

I'm not sure if this is a problem with hibernate or it's because Spring is giving me a RunTime proxy connection object when I ask for it.

I end up getting the following error
    java.lang.ClassCastException: $Proxy35

Thanks in advance.

Re: Oracle objects

Managed to solve the first problem by making use of

java.sql.Connection con =
    org.hibernate.jdbc.BorrowedConnectionProxy.getWrap pedConnection(session.connection());

Once I had an instance of java.sql.Connection, I was able to cast it to oracle.jdbc.OracleConnection

Still not sure why the session.connection() method is deprecated.

Comment

Working...
    X