X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organizing Integration Tests

In out project we would like to use Spring integration test package - org.springframework.test.

It works fine, but i don't like tests to be in the same project as managers and business services.To be more specific: We are using Ration Software Architect (Eclipse IDE) and by project i mean Dynamic Web Project.
    Is it possible to configure integration test from different project ?

In all the past projects we were using EJB container so we did not have the same problem since server was holding all the JNDI's and transaction configuration, security config. and all the other important stuff.But with Spring the applicationContext.xml (WebApplicationContext) is not accessible within different Dynamic Web Project. Or is it ?

BTW: This is our first Spring project...

Thanks

Have you looked at the way Spring organizes the tests? Might be good starting point. I usually find having a mirroring the src packages in a test src directory makes the most sense.
    Last edited by karldmoore; Aug 30th, 2007, 05:23 AM.

Comment

I had a look in springframework tests from SVN repository. I've also downloaded trunk to Eclipse IDE workspace. I'm not really that familiar with Maven or Ant, but as i understand it all of these main and test folders are contained in the same web project. I'd like to seperate my "main" and "test folders" into different web projects and still have the ability to access WebApplicationContext which is configured in main, from test.

I hope i make any sense...sorry if i'm not...my english is not working for me at the moment

Thank you

Comment

sorry about the post above....actually you've given me the answer which i haven't seen before the first post. I've skipped the mirroring part.

Thank you karldmoore

Comment

Originally posted by igor12 View Post
          sorry about the post above....actually you've given me the answer which i haven't seen before the first post. I've skipped the mirroring part. Thank you karldmoore
          Not a problem! I usually find the examples and the Spring source code itself a nice reference when I'm writing my code.
          Last edited by karldmoore; Aug 30th, 2007, 05:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X