Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hibernate/Interceptor Not Bound

Hi All...

I'm trying to port Spring from 1.2.6 to 2.0.1. I have an Interceptor that extends LocalSessionFactoryBean.

Code:
    <bean id="sessionFactory"  class="org.boa.finance.persistence.AuditSessionFactory">
            <property name="dataSource"><ref bean="dataSource"/></property>

This is instantiated no problems. I have an operation in AuditSessionFactory that makes the call..

Code:
    sessionFactory = (SessionFactory)localSessionFactory.getObject();
         final Session session = SessionFactoryUtils.getSession(sessionFactory,false);

Here's some other info

Code:
    <bean id="transactionManager" class="org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTransactionManager">
            <property name="sessionFactory"><ref bean="sessionFactory"/></property>
        </bean>

<bean id="hibernateInterceptor" class="org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateInterceptor">
            <property name="sessionFactory"><ref bean="sessionFactory"/></property>
        </bean>

This works fine in 1.2.6. When I try to run with 2.0.1, I notice during Jboss startup the following..

[AuditSessionFactory] Building new Hibernate SessionFactory

And then I get the error below...

13:39:23,174 ERROR [LogInterceptor] EJBException in method: public abstract org.boa.finance.UserStatus[] org.boa.finance.ejb.SiteAuthorizationService.getAl lUserStatusCodes(), causedBy:
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: No Hibernate Session bound to thread, and configuration does not allow creation of non-transactional one here
    at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.SessionFactoryU tils.doGetSession(S
    essionFactoryUtils.java:367)
    at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.SessionFactoryU tils.getSession(Ses
    sionFactoryUtils.java:198)

This is happening on the line

Code:
    Session session = SessionFactoryUtils.getSession(sessionFactory, false);

I tried passing true to getSession, but no luck.

Any ideas are appreciated...thanks in advance!

It would be useful to see the code that makes up this flow and the configuration. It's always nice to see a test case which executes this. I'm slightly confused why you're getting the same exception even if you pass true in.
    Code:
    			// Check whether we are allowed to return the Session.
    			if (!allowCreate && !isSessionTransactional(session, sessionFactory)) {
    				closeSession(session);
    				throw new IllegalStateException("No Hibernate Session bound to thread, " +
    						"and configuration does not allow creation of non-transactional one here");
    			}
    Last edited by karldmoore; Aug 29th, 2007, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Thanks for taking the time!...I looks like our util class was calling closeSession, instead of releaseSession. Sorry for the confusion...

thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by jnl001 View Post
        Thanks for taking the time!...I looks like our util class was calling closeSession, instead of releaseSession. Sorry for the confusion...
        Not a problem, thanks for posting back. It's always nice to find out what the problem actually was .
        Last edited by karldmoore; Aug 29th, 2007, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X