Teradata Data access through Datasource Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teradata Data access through Datasource

I am getting an error while connecting to Teradata database from a Spring based application that I am working on. I use JDBCTemplate class to set the datasource using one of the Spring's datasource configuration files.
    The error is 'Single Sign-On NOT supported for Mechanism TD2'.

I have created a datasource and jndi name in the EAR file application descriptor under user-defined datasource category. I have also given the userid/password under JAAS authentication list. I am using websphere server.
    Detail error message -
    Caused by: org.springframework.jdbc.CannotGetJdbcConnectionEx ception: Could not get JDBC Connection; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: [NCR] [Teradata JDBC Driver] : Single Sign-On NOT supported for Mechanism TD2.DSRA0010E: SQL State = HY000, Error Code = 1,032
    at org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DataSourceUtil s.getConnection(
    at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.execute (
    at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.update(
    at com.hcsc.tpa.integration.daoimpl.jdbc.UserAccountD aoJdbcImpl.changePassword(UserAccountDaoJdbcImpl.j ava:35)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native Code))
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native Code))
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De Code))
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke( ed Code))

Appreciate your help!

Do you have more information from the Teradata documentation about that error? It looks more like a teradata issue than a Spring issue.

Do you have a simple non-Spring example that works with Teradata? That might shed some light about what you need to do different with Spring.

I am able to connect to teradata using DriverManagerDataSource class as
      mentioned in the code below. This I tried in one of the DAO classes which extends JdbcTemplate class.

DriverManagerDataSource ds = new DriverManagerDataSource();
      ds.setDriverClassName("com.ncr.teradata.TeraDriver ");
      setDataSource(ds); // Overridden this method of JdbcTemplate class to set the Datasource...

But when tried to access from the datasource which is configured in the ear file in websphere, it doesn't work. Not sure if this is really a spring issue or am making some mistake in the datasource configuration in the application descriptor file. But I mentioned username/password in JAAS authentication list. But still not working

Need help!

Sounds like a datasource configuration issue in the application server, since JdbcTemplate works fine with a DriverManagerDataSource.

hi could you let me know what is the data source class name that you have mentioned in the application context.xml to establish the connection