X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using 2 or more databases

I have a databases which references rows to another database. Using them both in transactions and such is easy. The ugly part is displaying data from both databases. Currently I have to create a 'Helper' bean which can hold the merged data from both databases.

While this works, its kind of ugly since I can't use an O/R mapping. Does anyone have any other suggestions besides creating a Helper bean and merging the data?

Thanks

If your database is Oracle, you can use DBLinks from db1 to db2. The application can then talk to db1.
    HTH

Comment

This thread discusses an approach for accessing two or more independent data sources in one application. In summary, you can create a BeanFactory per unique data source.

http://forum.springframework.org/sho...538&highlight=
      Last edited by robyn; May 19th, 2006, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Hmm that gives me an idea...

I can inject Database1's DAO into a Bean of Database2

Then in the bean of DB2 I can just do getBeanOfDB1 (accessing DB1's DAO) and this will make everything work transparently.

Although this breaks a lot of rules since there is a DAO being used inside a bean.

Or maybe I can do something aspect oriented, when getBeanOfDB1 is called have an interceptor inject the bean into the current DB2's bean.

Thoughts?

Comment

Working...
        X