Announcement Announcement Module
No announcement yet.
needing confirmation about REQUIRES_NEW, jboss 4.0.2 and spring 1.2 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• needing confirmation about REQUIRES_NEW, jboss 4.0.2 and spring 1.2

I'm reposting this because I mentioned the wrong version of spring in the original post and I didn't see a way to edit the msg title.
    We are running spring 1.2 and having issues with REQUIRES_NEW transactions .

I have an application running on jboss 4.0.2 using spring 1.2 and hibernate 3.0.5.
    I have one method that is annotated with
    @Transactional( propagation= Propagation.NOT_SUPPORTED).

This method contains a loop that makes a call into another bean, where the method is annotated with
    @Transactional( propagation= Propagation.REQUIRES_NEW ).

The idea being that every iteration through the loop needs to succeed/fail independent of the others.
    I have test data so that every iteration will fail. With spring 1.2 I only see one error message in my log files and the whole thing ends. When I upgraded to spring 1.2.6 I see the expected 5 stack traces in the log files. (they aren't the expected errors though)
    Reading the following jiras it seems that transaction suspension is not supported for spring 1.2 on jboss.

Can anyone confirm that REQUIRES_NEW will not work with spring 1.2 on jboss 4.0.2?