{                       
                   session.getTransaction().commit();
                   session.clear();
                   saveCount = 0;
                }
           }       

session.close();
        }
    The code above is most certainly not threadsafe. SessionFactory can safely be used as an instance variable, but not the Session. The scope "prototype" means a new instance is created, but per injection, not per request.

Comment

Originally posted by dejanp View Post
      The code above is most certainly not threadsafe. SessionFactory can safely be used as an instance variable, but not the Session. The scope "prototype" means a new instance is created, but per injection, not per request.
      It wasn't my intention to make it not thread safe, in fact, I wanted to somehow mimic the behaviour derived from the use of getCurrentSession() when CurrentSessionContext was based on the ThreadLocalSessionContext implementation. But the way Spring overrides getCurrentSession() based on it's org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalSessionFac toryBean implementation, the normal Hibernate getCurrentSession() behaviour is not observed.

Comment

Originally posted by dejanp View Post
        The scope "prototype" means a new instance is created, but per injection, not per request.
        I don't believe that is entirely accurate based on the Spring Docs, which states that allong with being injected into another bean, any getBean() calls on the container will result in a new instance.

Comment

Originally posted by mark_in_gr View Post
          I don't believe that is entirely accurate based on the Spring Docs, which states that allong with being injected into another bean, any getBean() calls on the container will result in a new instance.
          Yes, but invoker will not execute getBean() per request.

Comment

Originally posted by mark_in_gr View Post
            It wasn't my intention to make it not thread safe, in fact, I wanted to somehow mimic the behaviour derived from the use of getCurrentSession() when CurrentSessionContext was based on the ThreadLocalSessionContext implementation. But the way Spring overrides getCurrentSession() based on it's org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalSessionFac toryBean implementation, the normal Hibernate getCurrentSession() behaviour is not observed.
            To mimic ThreadLocalSessionContext you need to use ThreadLocal and not simple instance variable.

Comment

Don't use session.isDirty() method! It returns true just with one insert:

Code:
              if ( actionQueue.areInsertionsOrDeletionsQueued() ) {
                  log.debug("session dirty (scheduled updates and insertions)");
                  return true;
              }
              You must count the objects and flush and clear every batch size:
              Code:
              Session session = sessionFactory.openSession();
              Transaction tx = session.beginTransaction();

for(int i=0; i<100000; i++){
              Customer customer =newCustomer(.....); session.save(customer); if( i %20==0){//20, same as the JDBC batch size
              [INDENT=2]//flush a batch of inserts and release memory: session.flush(); session.clear();[/INDENT]
              }
              } tx.commit(); session.close();

http://docs.jboss.org/hibernate/core/3.6/reference/en-US/html_single/#batch-inserts

Comment

Working...
              X