Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessing Firebird 1.5 over JayBird JCA/JDBC driver

Hi all,

Is anybody using JayBird JDBC driver together with (...).jdbc.object and (...).jdbc.core packages? I have difficulties using MappingSqlQuery.

When I pass oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleConnectionPoolDataSource pooling datasource and access Oracle 8.1, my classes are working as expected, but when i pass org.firebirdsql.pool.FBWrappingDataSource to access FB 1.5, MappingSQLQuery simply hangs on compile() (i'm not sure is it compile, but nevertheless java process uses no CPU and simply waits).

When using oracle and all is working i see some log output about loading the supporting classes for sql error codes. With Firebird datasource i don't have even the log output (maybe coz of a java buffer). And the only change in parameters is the passed DataSource implementation and it's params (url, username, pwd, etc).

Has anybody experienced these symptoms?

Specs: spring 1.1.2, firebirdsql-full 1.5.4, jdk 1.5.0 (not the problem, tried with jdk 1.4.2 same results), suse linux 9.1 (kernel 2.6.5).

Another Q: is there will or intention to include FB in proprietary error code support?

Thanx in advance
    cstamas

Undo, undo

Sorry folks for this false message, it is JDBC driver issue

Just for the record: i passed database url as in older docs
    Code:
    jdbc:firebirdsql://zaphod/jsbpdb_test
    and not
    Code:
    //zaphod:3050/jsbpdb_test
    as i should.
    The problem is with JDBC driver that it "eats" it but says nothing about runtime diarrhea

Thread closed

Sorry again,
    cstamas

Comment

Working...
    X