Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NonUniqueObjectException using Hibernate

Hi,

Using a DAO that extends HibernateDAOSupport, I call a method "findByName" 2 times to load the same object (same id), but I get 2 different object (with same id, but different references).

Then when I try to update, I receive this exception :
    org.springframework.orm.hibernate.HibernateSystemE xception: a different object with the same identifier value was already associated with the session: 242, of class: Library; nested exception is net.sf.hibernate.NonUniqueObjectException

How to explain that behavior ? I think that the method "findByName" creates a new session each time it's called. Is it right ?

What can I do to receive the same object reference when calling 2 times the method ?

Thanks!

Are both calls spanned in the same transaction? Hibernate Will use the same Session as long as your calls are dones into the same transaction.
    HTH

Comment

Thanks for the reply!

I specify nothing about the transactions ... How can I say that both find and update are in the same transaction ?

Comment

Search the forum for HibernateTransactionManager. You can also review jpetstore sample from Spring distribution. Spring reference documentation is also a good place to start.
        HTH

Comment

Working...
        X