Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AbstractTranDataSrcSpringContextTests finds two beans.

Hi folks.

I'm sure I've done something silly, but just can't figure it out. I added transaction management to my configuration this morning and started working on some integration tests using AbstractTransactionalDataSourceSpringContextTests as a base class. The problem is that when the test runs, I get an UnsatisfiedDependencyException because it finds two beans that match the interface type. The first bean is my implementation bean. The second is the TransactionProxyFactoryBean that wraps my implementation in a transaction.

So, my question is pretty straightforward, I hope. How can I get the autowire by type of the test framework to get along with the Transaction proxy? I don't see how I can define both my implementation bean and the proxy without having two beans of the same type in the context.

Thanks,
    Dave

AutowireMode

Hi Dave,

The AbstractTransactionalDataSourceSpringContextTests is an indirect subclass of AbstractDependencyInjectionSpringContextTests. You can change the autowire mode via the setAutowireMode method. Maybe you can try AbstractDependencyInjectionSpringContextTests.AUTO WIRE_BY_NAME.

Also, if you define the target (non-transactional) bean as an inner bean (which is recommended in many Spring books whenever possible), you won't have two beans of that type.

Comment

Thanks, Arthur. I had completely forgotten about using inner beans. That did the trick.

Now, apparently the AbstractTransactionalDataSourceContextTests isn't rolling back the transaction after my test, but I haven't really looked into it closely yet.

Thanks again.
      Dave

Comment

Working...
      X