X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HibernateTransactionManager vs. JtaTransactionManager

I'm wondering if I can get away with using HibernateTransactionManager rather than JtaTransactionManager. I'm only accessing one database so JTA seems like overkill.

However, the Hibernate documents say that you need JTA when using JBossCache (TreeCache). So, do I REALLY need JTA? Is it true that you have to use JTA with TreeCache?

Hibernate documents say that you need JTA when using JBossCache (TreeCache)
    If Hibernate Documentation said it, then it should be true.
    Is it true that you have to use JTA with TreeCache?
    You can use other cache providers such as EHCache or SwarmCache, OSCache with HibernateTransactionManager. They are supported out of the box by Hibernate.

Comment

Actually, there's quite a lot of things in the Hibernate documentation that aren't exactly black-and-white true vs. false. It's a sophisticated product and often the documentation assumes a particular context. There are several statements that lead me to believe that JTA is <i>not</i> required for JBossCache/TreeCache and that it can be used in any environment.

What I'm wondering is if anybody has successfuly used JBossCache under the Spring HibernateTransactionManager, and if so how. Or, if anyone knows for a fact that the Spring JtaTransactionManager is required.

Comment

Working...
      X