Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• use of Spring/Hibernate with different user connections??

Hello,

I'm trying to use Spring framework with Hibernate. Up until now I am using the HibernateTemplate to call Hibernate methods, and this works perfectly. I need now to have different user connections (db views are based on user access). How could I use HibernateTemplate then? could i use a sessionfactory and create sessions using different connections?
    thanks a lot

Take a look at org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.UserCredential sDataSourceAdapter.
    HTH

Comment

Thanks Omar for your reply.

I have been trying to use the class you mentioned and i'm having problems to getConnection(username, passwd) from the code. I have an exception that mentions PoolingDataSource.getConnection. It's probably that i'm not using the right procedure to do that.

Can you tell me how should i get connections from the source code? Should i instanciate myDataSource? myTargetDataSource? should i retrieve them from the Application Context?
      I'm lost and I can 't figure out how to create Sessions with different connections...help!!!

thanks a lot

Comment

Basically, you do not need to change the configuration of your dataSource, let's call it targetDataDource in the following example (DataSources retrieved from JNDI may be used in the same way):
        Code:
          <bean id="targetDataSource" class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource" destroy-method="close">
            <property name="driverClassName"><value>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</value></property>
            <property name="url"><value>jdbc&#58;oracle&#58;thin&#58;@localhost&#58;1521&#58;ORCL</value></property>
          </bean>
        now we configure the UserCredentialsDataSourceAdapte:
        Code:
         <bean id="dataSource" class="org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.UserCredentialsDataSourceAdapter">
           <property name="targetDataSource"><ref bean="targetDataSource"/></property>
           <property name="username"><value>taha</value></property>
           <property name="password"><value>manager</value></property>
         </bean>
        and the Hibernate SessionFactory:
        Code:
          <bean id="sessionFactory" class="org.springframework.orm.hibernate.LocalSessionFactoryBean">
            <property name="dataSource"><ref local="dataSource"/></property>
          </bean>
        You do not need to use getConnection() since Hibernate will do it behind the scene. You must, however call
        Code:
          UserCredentialsDataSourceAdapter ds = &#40;UserCredentialsDataSourceAdapter&#41; context.getBean&#40;"dataSource&#41;;
          ds.setCredentialsForCurrentThread&#40;user, password&#41;;
        before each call to your dao methods to switch the user. You may also call
        Code:
          ds.removeCredentialsFromCurrentThread&#40;&#41;;
        to remove the credentials and use the statically specified ones.

PS: you can specify / remove credentials using an Interceptor and hook it into your TransactionProxyFactoryBean using preInterceptors.
        HTH

Comment

Hello Omar,
          I have tried for several days to make the configuration you sent me work. I have an error when i deploy the aplication and it's referred to the database connection. Maybe you or someone can give me a hand, i don't know what else to change..
          I'm deploying my web application in weblogic 8.1 and my applicationContext looks like this:

<bean id="myTargetDataSource" class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource" destroy-method="close">
          <property name="driverClassName"><value>oracle.jdbc.driver.O racleDriver</value></property>
          <property name="url"><value>jdbc:oracle:thin:@zus44x-0202.tszrh.xxxx.com:1521ZHXXX01</value></property>
          </bean>

<bean id="dataSource" class="org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.UserCre dentialsDataSourceAdapter">
          <property name="targetDataSource"><ref bean="myTargetDataSource"/></property>
          <property name="username"><value>bbb</value></property>
          <property name="password"><value>bbbb</value></property>
          </bean>

<!-- Hibernate SessionFactory Definition -->
          <bean id="sessionFactory" class="org.springframework.orm.hibernate.LocalSess ionFactoryBean">
          <property name="mappingResources">
          <list>
          <value>com/clr/backend/businessobject/FeedStatic.hbm.xml</value>
          <value>com/clr/backend/businessobject/FeedFiles.hbm.xml</value>
          </list>
          </property>
          <property name="hibernateProperties">
          <props>
          <prop key="hibernate.dialect">net.sf.hibernate.dialect.O racle9Dialect</prop>
          <prop key="hibernate.show_sql">true</prop>
          <prop key="hibernate.cglib.use_reflection_optimizer">tru e</prop>
          <prop key="hibernate.cache.provider_class">net.sf.hibern ate.cache.HashtableCacheProvider</prop>
          </props>
          </property>
          <property name="dataSource">
          <ref local="dataSource"/>
          </property>
          </bean>
          <!-- Spring Data Access Exception Translator Defintion -->
          <bean id="jdbcExceptionTranslator" class="org.springframework.jdbc.support.SQLErrorCo deSQLExceptionTranslator">
          <property name="dataSource">
          <ref bean="dataSource"/>
          </property >
          </bean>
          <!-- Hibernate Template Defintion -->
          < bean id="hibernateTemplate" class="org.springframework.orm.hibernate.Hibernate Template">
          <property name="sessionFactory">
          <ref bean="sessionFactory"/>
          </property>
          <property name="jdbcExceptionTranslator">
          <ref bean="jdbcExceptionTranslator"/>
          </property>
          </bean>
          <!-- FeedManager DAO Definition: Hibernate implementation -->
          <bean id="feedManagerDao" class="com.clr.backend.dao.hibernate.FeedManagerDa oHibernateImpl">
          <property name="hibernateTemplate">
          <ref bean="hibernateTemplate"/>
          </property>
          </bean>
          <!-- User DAO object: Hibernate implementation -->
          <bean id="userDao" class="com.clr.backend.dao.hibernate.UserDaoHibern ateImpl">
          <property name="hibernateTemplate">
          <ref bean="hibernateTemplate"/>
          </property>
          </bean>
          <!-- ========================= Start of SERVICE DEFINITIONS ========================= -->
          <!-- Hibernate Transaction Manager Definition -->
          <bean id="transactionManager" class="org.springframework.orm.hibernate.Hibernate TransactionManager">
          <property name="sessionFactory">
          <ref local="sessionFactory"/>
          </property>
          </bean>

<!-- User Service Defintion -->
          <!-- FeedManager Service Definition -->
          <bean id="feedManagerServiceTarget" class="com.clr.backend.service.impl.FeedManagerSer viceImpl">
          <property name="feedManagerDao">
          <ref local="feedManagerDao"/>
          </property>
          </bean>
          <!-- Transactional proxy for the Catalog Service -->
          <bean id="feedManagerService" class="org.springframework.transaction.interceptor .TransactionProxyFactoryBean">
          <property name="transactionManager">
          <ref local="transactionManager"/>
          </property>
          <property name="target">
          <ref local="feedManagerServiceTarget"/>
          </property>
          <property name="transactionAttributes">
          <props>
          <prop key="get*">PROPAGATION_REQUIRED</prop>
          </props>
          </property>
          </bean>
          </beans>

I configured the database to have a dbpool and then tried without this server pool, it doesn't work anyway. This is the error i get:

(ungültige argument in anruf means Wrong call parameters. When i tried the same parameters without the UserCredentials just with a BasicDataSource specifying username and pwd it works. The error comes when i introduce the targetDataSource bean)

11:21:35,176 INFO Configuration:661 - processing foreign key constraints
          11:21:35,223 INFO Dialect:82 - Using dialect: net.sf.hibernate.dialect.Oracle9Dialect
          11:21:35,238 INFO SettingsFactory:63 - Use outer join fetching: true
          11:21:35,238 INFO ConnectionProviderFactory:53 - Initializing connection provider: org.springframework.orm.hibernate.LocalDataSourceC onnectionProvider
          11:21:35,254 INFO TransactionManagerLookupFactory:33 - No TransactionManagerLookup configured (in JTA environment, use of process level read-write cache is not recomme
          11:21:35,520 WARN JDBCExceptionReporter:38 - SQL Error: 0, SQLState: null
          11:22:51,522 ERROR JDBCExceptionReporter:46 - Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory
          11:22:51,522 WARN SettingsFactory:96 - Could not obtain connection metadata
          org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory, cause:
          java.sql.SQLException: Ung³ltige Argumente in Aufruf
          at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBE rror.java:134)
          at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBE rror.java:179)
          at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.check_error(DBError.j ava:1160)
          at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.logon(TTC7Protocol.j ava:184)
          at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.<init>(OracleC onnection.java:362)
          at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.getConnectionInsta nce(OracleDriver.java:536)
          at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriv er.java:328)
          at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DriverConnectionFactory.cr eateConnection(DriverConnectionFactory.java:82)
          at org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolableConnectionFactory. makeObject(PoolableConnectionFactory.java:300)
          at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.validateCo nnectionFactory(BasicDataSource.java:838)
          at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createData Source(BasicDataSource.java:821)
          at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnect ion(BasicDataSource.java:532)
          at org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.UserCredential sDataSourceAdapter.doGetConnection(UserCredentials DataSourceAdapter.java:137)
          at org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.UserCredential sDataSourceAdapter.getConnection(UserCredentialsDa taSourceAdapter.java:120)
          at org.springframework.orm.hibernate.LocalDataSourceC onnectionProvider.getConnection(LocalDataSourceCon nectionProvider.java:59)
          at net.sf.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings (SettingsFactory.java:73)
          at net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSettings(C onfiguration.java:1155)
          at net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFac tory(Configuration.java:789)
          at org.springframework.orm.hibernate.LocalSessionFact oryBean.newSessionFactory(LocalSessionFactoryBean. java:475)
          at org.springframework.orm.hibernate.LocalSessionFact oryBean.afterPropertiesSet(LocalSessionFactoryBean .java:413)
          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods(Abstr actAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:990)
          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAuto wireCapableBeanFactory.java:275)
          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAuto wireCapableBeanFactory.java:193)
          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:240)
          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:163)
          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultL istableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(Defaul tListableBeanFactory.java:230)
          at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplic ationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.ja va:304)
          at org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebAppl icationContext.refresh(XmlWebApplicationContext.ja va:131)
          at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.crea teWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:167)
          at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.init WebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:101)
          at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderServl et.init(ContextLoaderServlet.java:80)
          at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.j ava:258)
          at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl$ServletI nitAction.run(ServletStubImpl.java:993)
          at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubjec t.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:317)
          at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(Se curityManager.java:118)
          at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createSe rvlet(ServletStubImpl.java:869)
          at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createIn stances(ServletStubImpl.java:848)
          at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.prepareS ervlet(ServletStubImpl.java:787)
          at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.pre loadServlet(WebAppServletContext.java:3252)
          at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.pre loadServlets(WebAppServletContext.java:3209)
          at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.pre loadServlets(WebAppServletContext.java:3195)
          at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.pre loadResources(WebAppServletContext.java:3174)
          at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.set Started(WebAppServletContext.java:5647)
          at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppModule.start(WebAp pModule.java:869)
          at weblogic.j2ee.J2EEApplicationContainer.start(J2EEA pplicationContainer.java:2022)
          at weblogic.j2ee.J2EEApplicationContainer.activate(J2 EEApplicationContainer.java:2063)
          at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$Com ponentActivateTask.activateContainer(SlaveDeployer .java:2592)
          at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$Act ivateTask.doCommit(SlaveDeployer.java:2515)
          at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$Tas k.commit(SlaveDeployer.java:2317)
          at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$Tas k.checkAutoCommit(SlaveDeployer.java:2399)
          at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$Tas k.prepare(SlaveDeployer.java:2311)
          at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$Act ivateTask.prepare(SlaveDeployer.java:2479)
          at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.pro cessPrepareTask(SlaveDeployer.java:798)
          at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.pre pareDelta(SlaveDeployer.java:507)
          at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.pre pareUpdate(SlaveDeployer.java:465)
          at weblogic.drs.internal.SlaveCallbackHandler$1.execu te(SlaveCallbackHandler.java:25)
          at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThrea d.java:197)
          at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.ja va:170)
          11:22:51,553 INFO SettingsFactory:103 - Use scrollable result sets: false
          11:22:51,553 INFO SettingsFactory:106 - Use JDBC3 getGeneratedKeys(): false
          11:22:51,553 INFO SettingsFactory:109 - Optimize cache for minimal puts: false
          11:22:51,553 INFO SettingsFactory:115 - echoing all SQL to stdout
          11:22:51,553 INFO SettingsFactory:118 - Query language substitutions: {}

Any indea?

Thanks a lot for your help

Comment

how to do? I also want to know.

how to do? I also want to know.

Comment

Working...
            X