X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did spring-ojb.jar go?

I am trying out Bea Workshop for JSP 3.2 as a plug-in for Eclipse. For the first 30 days, it will function as the complete uber-Workshop product, with features such as creating a Spring-enabled Dynamic Web Project.

During the New Dynamic Web Project wizard, Workshop offers to specify that I want to use Spring 2.0 rc2 (from Bea's web site), or identify a local Spring 2.0 installation.

When I try to identify the Spring 2.0 final installation on my hard drive, Workshop complains that spring-ojb.jar is missing from the dist/modules folder--thus preventing me from selecting Spring 2.0 final.

Where did spring-ojb.jar go for Spring 2.0 final? Can I download it anywhere?

Thanks.

I was able to fake out the Add Spring Library wizard in Workshop by creating an empty text file and changing its name to spring-ojb.jar, but it would be nice to have the actual jar to replace this stop-gap measure.

Thanks.

Comment

I'm not sure about the plugin but the ojb support has been moved into Spring Modules since 2.0 RC4 (see Spring changelog). I assume that the plugin is not updated to Spring 2.0 final.

Comment

Originally posted by Costin Leau View Post
        I'm not sure about the plugin but the ojb support has been moved into Spring Modules since 2.0 RC4 (see Spring changelog). I assume that the plugin is not updated to Spring 2.0 final.
        I'm not sure that I understand. I am saying that there is no spring-ojb.jar anywhere in the spring-framework-2.0-with-dependencies.zip archive. Is there some other Spring Modules repository from which I should/can obtain spring-ojb.jar?

Comment

spring-ojb is not part anymore of the spring framework since 2.0 rc4 - that is you will not find it inside the spring distribution.
          You can find the obj support inside Spring Modules but it's under a different package name - org.springmodules instead of org.springframework.

Comment

Okay. I understand now. I didn't realize that there was an actual Spring Modules project and distribution at https://springmodules.dev.java.net/--although I should have noticed from your profile by-line. I thought that Spring Modules was just an metaphor for the fact that optional component, but that it was still part of the Spring distribution.

In light of this, I suspect that Bea will probably provide an update to their Workshop product that removes the constraint that a spring-ojb.jar be present in the Spring distribution identified by the user.

Thanks Costin.

Comment

Working...
            X