Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring, JPA, JBoss and Shared Data

Hi All

I have a working Spring, JPA(using Hibernate) and JBoss app.

I have broken my project up into 2. One being the Web app, and the other being the Server side (persistence). I drop the serverSide.jar into the web app and deploy the web app to JBoss and everything works great.

But now, what I need to do is deploy a different Web app, using the same serverSide.jar AND sharing the same data or caching of objects. So basically, I am deploying 2 or more apps all sharing the same data. I would think they would be using the same EntityManager or Caching????

Is this possible? And if so, how do I go about configuring Spring to do this?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Jeff Singer

Maybe if I put it slightly differently.

I am currently using Annotations, EJB3, Hibernate and JBoss. I have a server.jar, that contains my service,DAO and model layer. I deploy this to jboss and I have 3 web apps using JNDI to lookup my Services. This all works fine.

I would like to move this to Spring. But I do not want to move all my apps into one Web App. So I would like to keep the seperation of the code.

BUT I still want to share the data across all the apps. As all 3 off them will be adding, deleting and listing data.

So do I do this via JNDI, caching....etc....

Any ideas? anyone? Please.

thanks
    Jeff

Comment

Anybody? Please

Comment

AFAIK, cache sharing is not covered by the JPA spec. What you can do is investigate the caching layer of your JPA provider and use that as a starting point. Hibernate uses EhCache so in your case, you could point out both applications to use the same EhCache instance and zones - this way, the same cache area will be used by both apps.
        I have actually ran into this problem a long time ago where the ehcache (which back then created only singleton instances) was shared (w/o us being aware) by multiple webapps. As Hibernate uses the same cache zones by default, we were getting data from one app 'leaking' into the other.
        Very strange but also funny .

Comment

Working...
        X