X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributed transactions in Tomcat

After much research I am narrowing in on JotmFactoryBean and JtaTransactionManager as the foundation to distributed transactions in Tomcat.

So far I was successful in keeping our development code under Tomcat practically identical to our deployment code under Jboss. I understand that I would not need JOTM under Jboss to do JTA, but to keep dev/deployment in synch, I am thinking I would use the same applicationContext and thus JOTM under Jboss as well. Is that OK or would it conflict with Jboss services?

I use Hibernate. I also plan to use a Jbosscache for transactional replicated cluster cache (outside of Hibernate, not as second level cache). Anyone knows if Jbosscache can participate in a distributed transaction under the above components?

TIA, Zsolt

(Finally... what in the WORLD! is wrong with this website, this page loads/scrolls 5 times slower than any other page I ever visited on the WWW).

to keep dev/deployment in synch, I am thinking I would use the same applicationContext and thus JOTM under Jboss as well. Is that OK or would it conflict with Jboss services?
    Well it won't necessarily conflict with JBoss services (depending on the service in question) but it does seem to be a bit strange to use an app server yet use an external transaction coordinator. You can keep things in synch by pulling our the transaction manager related bean definitions into their own XML file, and just switching that in different environments.

I would imagine that using JBossCache without JBoss's own tx mgt would be unsupported.

Why are you deploying to JBoss if you don't want its transaction management? Why not just synchronize the environments on Tomcat?

Rgds
    Rod

Comment

Working...
    X