X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• declarative transaction via JDBC

I am trying to setup declarative transaction with spring. Hence I am not really familiar with the concept I may done stupid mistakes. But any way it is not working. Could anybody help me:

This is my application context:
    Transaction Proxy :
    <bean id="pmis1" class="org.springframework.transaction.interceptor .TransactionProxyFactoryBean">
    <property name="transactionManager"><ref local="transactionManager"/></property>
    <property name="target"><ref bean="userLogic"/></property>
    <property name="transactionAttributes">
    <props>
    <prop key="storeUser">PROPAGATION_REQUIRED,-DataAccessException</prop>
    </props>
    </property>
    </bean>

userLogic bean:
    -----------------------------------
    <bean id="userLogic" class="com.tarhyar.pmis.jdbc.JdbcUser" >
    <property name="dataSource"><ref local="dataSource"/></property>
    </bean>

and the method I expect to be transactional is :
    ---------------------------------------
    public void storeUser(User user) throws DataAccessException {
    insertUser.insert(user);
    insertUser1.insert(user);
    }

protected class InsertUser extends SqlUpdate {

protected InsertUser(DataSource ds) {
    super(ds, "INSERT INTO users VALUES(?,?,true)");
    declareParameter(new SqlParameter(Types.VARCHAR));
    compile();
    }

protected void insert(User user) {
    Object[] objs =
    new Object[]{
    user.getUsername(),
    user.getPassword()
    };
    try {
    super.update(objs);
    } catch (DataAccessException e) {
    throw e;
    }
    //retrieveIdentity(owner);
    }
    }
    protected class InsertUser1 extends SqlUpdate {

protected InsertUser1(DataSource ds) {
    super(ds,"INSERT INTO users1 VALUES (?,?)");
    compile();
    }

protected void insert(User user) throws DataAccessException {
    Object[] objs =
    new Object[]{
    user.getUsername(),
    user.getPassword()
    };
    try {
    super.update(objs);
    } catch (DataAccessException e) {
    throw e;
    }
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Help Please!

But any way it is not working
    could you say what happens? also, how do you access your DAO?

Comment

declarative Transaction via JDBC

What kind of Transaction Manager are you using?

You need to have a Bean with the id=transactionManager declared, where you say what TransactionManager you are using, something like for a single JDBC DataSource:

<bean id="transactionManager" class="org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DataSou rceTransactionManager">
      </bean>

See also the jpetstore example, the files:
      applicationContext.xml, dataAccessContext-jta.xml and dataAccessContext-local.xml.

Hope it helps
      Christoph

Comment

Originally posted by irbouho
        But any way it is not working
        could you say what happens? also, how do you access your DAO?
        I prepare a situation where second fails, I suppose the transaction will roll back and the first insert should also be discarded. But in the practice it gives me an error about the second insert( which is a right report) but looking at the database, the first insert is commited. This is what is happening

Comment

Re: declarative Transaction via JDBC

Originally posted by chenrici
          What kind of Transaction Manager are you using?

You need to have a Bean with the id=transactionManager declared, where you say what TransactionManager you are using, something like for a single JDBC DataSource:

<bean id="transactionManager" class="org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DataSou rceTransactionManager">
          </bean>
          Hope it helps
          Christoph
          I have this bean and jdbc is working fine, it is the transactional behavior that is not working

Comment

I guess your are spawing two transactions on:

public void storeUser(User user) throws DataAccessException {
            insertUser.insert(user);
            insertUser1.insert(user);
            }

What DataSource Implementation are you using? Possibly one that closes the connection after the first insert?

Christoph

Comment

Originally posted by arashbi
              I prepare a situation where second fails, I suppose the transaction will roll back and the first insert should also be discarded. But in the practice it gives me an error about the second insert( which is a right report) but looking at the database, the first insert is commited. This is what is happening
              Sounds to me like auto-commit is turned on for the Connection you are using.

Regards,
              Andreas

Comment

Originally posted by Andreas Senft
                Originally posted by arashbi
                Sounds to me like auto-commit is turned on for the Connection you are using.

Regards,
                Andreas
                I anm using Postgresql. I don't know how to controll its properties inside the spring.
                I am using DriverManagerDataSource!
                Thank you

Comment

That's probably your problem.
                  The following is taken from the Spring documentation:
                  <snip>
                  The DriverManagerDataSource is a Implementation of SmartDataSource that configures a plain old JDBC Driver via bean properties, and returns a new connection every time.
                  <snip>
                  And
                  <snip>
                  Pool-assuming Connection.close() calls will simply close the connection....
                  <snip>
                  So if getConnection() always creates a new connection, the behaviour you encountered could be explained.
                  Check : http://www.springframework.org/docs/...agerDataSource
                  In a similiar situation i use : org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource, see also: http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbcp/
                  Christoph

Comment

Re: declarative Transaction via JDBC

Originally posted by chenrici
                    That's probably your problem.
                    The following is taken from the Spring documentation:
                    <snip>

So if getConnection() always creates a new connection, the behaviour you encountered could be explained.
                    Check : http://www.springframework.org/docs/...agerDataSource
                    In a similiar situation i use : org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource, see also: http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbcp/
                    Christoph
                    I chanegd to org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource but still not working, I also couldn't find out how can I enable poolong in dataSource.

Dows anybody have experience with JDBC and transactio in Spring?

Comment

Question: how are you testing?
                      The reason i am asking = the Transactional Proxy - your case "pmis1" - needs to be referenced, where the bean "userLogic", if you want transactional behaviour.

In the following a TestCase, which works fine ... eventually selecting from the database manually, to check if anything is there ;-)
                      So the connection stuff was really misleading, sorry about that...
                      The testcase works both against SingleConnectionDataSource and DriverManagerDataSource.

import junit.framework.TestCase;

import org.springframework.context.support.FileSystemXmlA pplicationContext;
                      import org.springframework.dao.DataAccessException;

public class TestInsert extends TestCase
                      {

private FileSystemXmlApplicationContext ctx;
                      private JdbcUser userLogic;
                      /*
                      * @see TestCase#setUp()
                      */
                      protected void setUp() throws Exception
                      {
                      super.setUp();
                      String path[] = {"/war/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml"};
                      ctx = new FileSystemXmlApplicationContext(path);
                      ctx.refresh();
                      Object obj = ctx.getBean("pmis1"); // and not userLogic
                      if (!(obj instanceof JdbcUser))
                      {
                      throw new Exception("Bean Configuration wrong");
                      }
                      userLogic = (JdbcUser) obj;
                      }

public void testInsert() throws Exception
                      {
                      try {
                      final User aUser = new User();
                      aUser.setName("Some name");
                      aUser.setPasswd("Some Passwd");
                      userLogic.storeUsers(aUser);
                      fail("Unexpected");
                      } catch (DataAccessException e)
                      {
                      System.out.println(e.toString());
                      // Ok, but test some more
                      }
                      }

/*
                      * @see TestCase#tearDown()
                      */
                      protected void tearDown() throws Exception
                      {
                      super.tearDown();
                      ctx = null;
                      userLogic = null;
                      }

}

Comment

BTW: the test output looked as follows
                        <snip>
                        [junit] 01.11.2004 14:52:14 org.springframework.jdbc.object.RdbmsOperation compile
                        [junit] INFO: RdbmsOperation with SQL [INSERT INTO testusers VALUES(?,?)] compiled
                        [junit] 01.11.2004 14:52:14 org.springframework.jdbc.support.SQLErrorCodesFact ory getErrorCodes
                        [junit] INFO: Looking up default SQLErrorCodes for DataSource
                        [junit] 01.11.2004 14:52:14 org.springframework.jdbc.support.SQLErrorCodesFact ory getErrorCodes
                        [junit] INFO: Database product name found in cache for DataSource [org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DriverManagerD ataSource@9be79a]. Name is 'Oracle'.
                        [junit] 01.11.2004 14:52:14 org.springframework.jdbc.object.RdbmsOperation compile
                        [junit] INFO: RdbmsOperation with SQL [INSERT INTO testusers1 VALUES(?,?)] compiled
                        [junit] 01.11.2004 14:52:14 org.springframework.jdbc.support.SQLErrorCodeSQLEx ceptionTranslator logTranslation
                        [junit] WARNUNG: Translating SQLException with SQLState '42000' and errorCode '942' and message [ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
                        [junit] ]; SQL was [INSERT INTO testusers1 VALUES(?,?)] for task [executing PreparedStatementCallback [PreparedStatementCreatorFactory.PreparedStatementC reatorImpl: sql=[INSERT INTO testusers1 VALUES(?,?)]: params=[Some name,Some Passwd]]]
                        [junit] .From prgm: org.springframework.jdbc.BadSqlGrammarException: Bad SQL grammar [INSERT INTO testusers1 VALUES(?,?)] in task 'executing PreparedStatementCallback [PreparedStatementCreatorFactory.PreparedStatementC reatorImpl: sql=[INSERT INTO testusers1 VALUES(?,?)]: params=[Some name,Some Passwd]]'; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
                        [junit] 01.11.2004 14:52:14 org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.Transa ctionInterceptor onThrowable
                        [junit] INFO: Invoking rollback for transaction on method 'storeUsers' in class [JdbcUser] due to throwable [org.springframework.jdbc.BadSqlGrammarException: Bad SQL grammar [INSERT INTO testusers1 VALUES(?,?)] in task 'executing PreparedStatementCallback [PreparedStatementCreatorFactory.PreparedStatementC reatorImpl: sql=[INSERT INTO testusers1 VALUES(?,?)]: params=[Some name,Some Passwd]]'; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
                        [junit] ]
                        [junit] 01.11.2004 14:52:14 org.springframework.transaction.support.AbstractPl atformTransactionManager rollback
                        [junit] INFO: Initiating transaction rollback
                        [junit] org.springframework.jdbc.BadSqlGrammarException: Bad SQL grammar [INSERT INTO testusers1 VALUES(?,?)] in task 'executing PreparedStatementCallback [PreparedStatementCreatorFactory.PreparedStatementC reatorImpl: sql=[INSERT INTO testusers1 VALUES(?,?)]: params=[Some name,Some Passwd]]'; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
                        [junit] Time: 1,344
                        [junit] OK (1 test)
                        <snip>

Comment

Working...
                        X