Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EHCache configuration in applicationContext.xml?

Hello everyone,

I've heard that with Spring 1.1.1 its possible to integrate the EHCache configuration (ehcache.xml) with the spring context (applicationContext.xml). I cannot find examples for this, can anyone point me to a documentation of this feature, please? (or post an example applicationContext.xml)

On a related note, is it possible to configure the Hibernate 2nd level cache configuration (class_cache and collection_cache elements in hibernate.cfg.xml) as a property of org.springframework.orm.hibernate.LocalSessionFact oryBean?

Regards,

Andreas

I've heard that with Spring 1.1.1 its possible to integrate the EHCache configuration (ehcache.xml) with the spring context (applicationContext.xml). I cannot find examples for this, can anyone point me to a documentation of this feature, please? (or post an example applicationContext.xml)
    Take a look at this thread: http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=10759
    On a related note, is it possible to configure the Hibernate 2nd level cache configuration (class_cache and collection_cache elements in hibernate.cfg.xml) as a property of org.springframework.orm.hibernate.LocalSessionFact oryBean?
    You can also configure the cache in the Hibernate mapping files.
    HTH
    Last edited by robyn; May 14th, 2006, 10:28 AM.

Comment

The example keeps ehcache.xml as a separate file, it does _not_ integrate it in applicationContext.xml.

It is not recommended to configure the cache configuration in the mapping files but to keep them at a central place (which would normally be hibernate.cfg.xml, but in the case of Spring, I would also like to integrate it with applicationContext.xml.

Comment

The example keeps ehcache.xml as a separate file, it does _not_ integrate it in applicationContext.xml.
        AFAIK, Spring Integration for EHCache does not support integrating ehcache.xml inside applicationContext.xml

Comment

Working...
        X