Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring and JBoss Transactions

Hi,
    Today i heard that JBoss has released the open source JBoss Transcations (based on Arjuna TP system).

Does Spring plans to have integration with this Transaction Processor?. It looks quite good specially with recovery and log and also has been there for quite a long period of time.

I think that it would be great if Spring will provide it trademark best quality out of box integration with JBoss Transactions. What to do u think?

Looking forward to hear from the great Spring Community.

---------- Long Live Spring --------------------

Can you please raise an issue? I'd be interested in seeing what are the specific features of the Arjuna TP outside the normal JTA specs - if you're ussing Arjuna with JTA you can use the existing JtaTransactionManager.

Comment

We are currently discussing this issue in the Spring team, and will probably add an integration (a) if any specific integration work is required beyond JTA; and (b) there is sufficient user demand.

I believe also that the transaction manager used by Geronimo is usable in isolation, and has provided a recovery capability for some time.

Comment

Geronimo TM can be used outside the geronimo container.It is actually used inside one of the samples from JCR support inside Spring Modules to demonstrate the JCA setup (made possible through Jencks).
        It works quite well.

Comment

Hi,
          Good to hear from you people. Even though Gerinomo provides this support out of container, it would be good if spring integrates with Arjuna as well. I am not using Arjuna but heard a lot of appreciation about it.

Comment

Working...
          X