Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there anyway I could disable SQLErrorCode translation?

I am in an environment where XML parsing is screwed up. Is there anyway to disable the SQLErrorCode translation so I could at least use Spring JDBC support classes?

I am doing a plugin for some 3rd party web app on WAS4.07 with UDB. If I don't have xml parser there, I got this:
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/xml/sax/SAXException
    If I manually load them(xml-api.jar and xercesImpl.jar, then I got this:
    java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl
    I also noticed that there are some SAX parser in the classpath of the web app, they somehow got screwed up. Besides, I have no control over this web app, I am just doing a plugin to go to UDB and get some data back.

If I run my code in a seperate web app, I could use either Spring JDBC or Spring + iBATIS without any problem(WSAD5).

Thanks,
    Rick

More exploring ...

I went throught some of the source code to see whether I could get around the XML parsing problem. I am subclassing StoreProcedure, which has a JDBCTemplate that inherits from the class JdbcAccessor. If I manually set the exceptionTranslator field in JdbcAccessor with the class SQLStateSQLExceptionTranslator, which does not involve any XML, will JdbcAccessor's getExceptionTranslator() method return SQLStateSQLExceptionTranslator as expected?

Thanks for any help.
    Rick

Comment

Yes, it's quite valid to subclass jdbcTemplate to place around with the error code translator handling strategy...

Comment

Working...
      X