X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hibernate 3.1.x and Spring 1.2.7?

I have been searching the forum to find an answer if this is working, but I can't find any.. There are some that says it will and some it won't.

So I was just wondering if anyone could verify what is the correct answer, before I start wasting my time by changing the hibernate version...?

Or is going straight to the 2.0 version the best option for a project that is going to be released during the next month? How stable is the 2.0M3 version?

Regards,

BTJ

AFAIK, Spring 2.0 m3 doesn't support all of HB 3.1.x addons. You can check the roadmap but I think that the new version of 2.0 and 1.2.8 will include some additional support.
    With 2.0, 1.2.x branch is going into maintainence mode so all the new features will go into 2.0.
    As a disclaimer, this is just my opinion and not something official.

Comment

Well, I don't really need the 3.1 addons. What I want, are the bug fixes, so if I only use 3.0 features, the it will work?

BTJ

Comment

Well, I don't really need the 3.1 addons. What I want, are the bug fixes, so if I only use 3.0 features, the it will work?
        It should. Hibernate 3.1. and 3.0 are compatible (or at least they should be). Spring HB tries to use to reply on interfaces as much as possible and not be intrusive.

Comment

Ok, I guess I just have to change library and try... Thx...

BTJ

Comment

Working...
          X