X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setup LobCleanUpInterceptor

I have a util class LobCleanUpInterceptor which implements a interceptor and has methods to free temporary Large Objects.
    http://www.hibernate.org/56.html

How do I set up the interceptor in the application context.xml?

<!-- hibernate session factory -->
    <bean id="mySessionFactory" class="org.springframework.orm.hibernate.LocalSess ionFactoryBean">
    <property name="mappingResources"></>
    <property name="entityInterceptor">
    <ref local="lobCleanUpInterceptor"/>
    </property>

does not work..

Any help is appreciated.

Your config looks ok - do you get an error msg?
    I assume you defined a "lobCleanUpInterceptor" bean ?!

Comment

I am not getting any error but when If I call the interceptor this way with the LocalSessionFactoryBean ,
      HibernateTemplate().saveOrUpdate() does not work? My records dont get updated.

Should this be called elsewhere as I just want to free the temporary large objects associated with the session.

Comment

But your update works without the interceptor?

In which method do you clean your lobs (onSave, postFlush, ...)? Make sure not to clean up before the session is flushed.

Comment

Yes, my updates work without the interceptor. I clean up the lobs in the postFlush method.
          Just want to know where to set up the interceptor, application context or some where else.

Thanks.

Comment

The LocalSessionFactoryBean should be the right place to do this. As an alternative you can try to assign the filter manually:
            Code:
            Interceptor intercept = new LobCleanUpInterceptor&#40;&#41;;
            Session ses = HibernateUtil.getSessionFactory&#40;&#41;.openSession &#40;intercept&#41;;
            But according to the API doc ...
            It's preferable to set it on LocalSessionFactoryBean or HibernateTransactionManager to avoid repeated configuration and guarantee consistent behavior in transactions.

Comment

Working...
            X