Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OC4J DataSource - TypeMismatchExcept

Hi,

I developed and tested my app on Tomcat. Now I'm trying to deploy it on OC4J, where I have to define the DataSource as oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource instead of javax.sql.DataSource.

oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource implements the interface javax.sql.DataSource!
    Accessing the DataSource I get the following TypeMismatchException:

Code:
    22:46:20,855 ERROR StartseiteControllerImpl: java.lang.RuntimeException: org.springframework.beans.factory.access.Bootst
    rapException: Unable to return specified BeanFactory instance: factory key [beanRefFactory], from group with resource na
    me [classpath*:beanRefFactory.xml]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error c
    reating bean with name 'beanRefFactory' defined in URL [code-source:/C:/Programme/oc4j_extended_101300/j2ee/home/applica
    tions/live/live/WEB-INF/lib/live-core-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar!beanRefFactory.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested excepti
    on is org.springframework.beans.FatalBeanException: Could not instantiate class [org.springframework.context.support.Cla
    ssPathXmlApplicationContext]; constructor threw exception; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCre
    ationException: Error creating bean with name 'sessionFactory' defined in class path resource [applicationContext.xml]:
    Error setting property values; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.PropertyAccessExceptionsException: Property
    AccessExceptionsException (1 errors); nested propertyAccessExceptions are: [org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchExcept
    ion: Failed to convert property value of type [oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource] to required type [javax.sql.DataSource
    ] for property 'dataSource']
    I think this happens while LocalSessionFactoryBean.setDataSource is invoked.

Has anyone an idea what is going wrong.
    Thanks in advance.

Oemer

I have used OC4J (Oracle AS) too and this is how I define my data sources in data-sources.xml:-

Code:
    <data-source
        name="MyDataSource"
        location="jdbc/MyDataSource"
        class="com.evermind.sql.DriverManagerDataSource"
        connection-driver="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
        url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@somwhere.com:1521:oraclesid"
        username="myuser"
        password="mypassword"
        inactivity-timeout="180">
    </data-source>
    BTW, com.evermind is still a part of OC4J, that package structure existed before Oracle licensed it, in case you weren't aware.

HTH

Comment

DataSources has been completely reworked in OC4J 10.1.3. No more com.evermind.sql.DriverManagerDataSource support.

Here my config, which is working:

Code:
      <native-data-source 
         user="user" 
         password="pass" 
         url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@host:1521:db" 
         data-source-class="oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource" 
         jndi-name="jdbc/MyDS" 
         name="MyDS"/>
      :-(

Any other idea?

Comment

Sorry, I only have one client who uses OC4J and they use Oracle AS 10g release 9.0.4.

There have been numerous reported problems with 10.1.3 though, for example - http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=22008 - you may want to drop back down a version until the bugs are found and fixed.

Comment

Working...
        X