X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A strange question about spring transaction and jotm

In my application,I use jotm to manage jta trasaction,but there are Exception:

[ERROR] 2006-02-08 09:36:23 method:com.fudannet.collierysecurity.action.securi ty.AuthAction.doLogin(AuthAction.java:63)
    - org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateSystem Exception: java.sql.SQLException: StandardXAConnectionHandle:commit:This connection is part of a global transaction; nested exception is org.hibernate.HibernateException: java.sql.SQLException: StandardXAConnectionHandle:commit:This connection is part of a global transaction
    [ERROR] 2006-02-08 09:36:23 method:com.fudannet.collierysecurity.action.securi ty.AuthAction.doLogin(AuthAction.java:73)
    - org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateSystem Exception: java.sql.SQLException: StandardXAConnectionHandle:commit:This connection is part of a global transaction; nested exception is org.hibernate.HibernateException: java.sql.SQLException: StandardXAConnectionHandle:commit:This connection is part of a global transaction

Spring version:1.2.6
    hibernate :3.1
    db2:8.2
    my configuration:

<bean id="jotm" class="org.springframework.transaction.jta.JotmFac toryBean"/>

<bean id="transactionManager" class="org.springframework.transaction.jta.JtaTran sactionManager">
    <property name="userTransaction"><ref local="jotm"/></property>
    </bean>

<bean id="innerDataSource" class="org.enhydra.jdbc.standard.StandardXADataSou rce" destroy-method="shutdown">
    <property name="transactionManager"><ref local="jotm"/></property>
    <property name="driverName"><value>com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver </value></property>
    <property name="url"><value>jdbc:db2://10.0.0.200:50000/test2</value></property>
    </bean>

<bean id="dataSource" class="org.enhydra.jdbc.pool.StandardXAPoolDataSou rce" destroy-method="shutdown">
    <property name="dataSource"><ref local="innerDataSource"/></property>
    <property name="maxSize"><value>10</value></property>
    <property name="user"><value>coal</value></property>
    <property name="password"><value>coal</value></property>
    </bean>

I am baffled!

Thank you!!

You need to configure the HB session to use your JTA TransactionManager. What is your configuration?

Comment

costin:
      Thank you

To my surprise,when query,update,delete data,it is ok,but not save.The Exception is :
      org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateSystem Exception: java.sql.SQLException: StandardXAConnectionHandle:commit:This connection is part of a global transaction;

my hibernate config file:

<!-- Hibernate config-->
      <bean id="sessionFactory" class="org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalSes sionFactoryBean">
      <property name="dataSource">
      <ref local="dataSource"/>
      </property>
      <property name="mappingDirectoryLocations">
      <list>
      <value>classpath:/com/fudannet/collierysecurity/module/po/background</value>
      <value>classpath:/com/fudannet/collierysecurity/module/po/baseinfo</value>
      </list>
      </property>
      <property name="hibernateProperties">
      <props>
      <prop key="hibernate.dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.DB2D ialect</prop>
      <prop key="hibernate.show_sql">true</prop>
      </props>
      </property>
      </bean>

<bean id="logService" parent="baseTransactionProxy">
      <property name="target">
      <bean class="com.fudannet.collierysecurity.service.servi ceimpl.sucurity.LogServiceImpl">
      <property name="logDAO"><ref local="logDAOTarget"/></property>
      </bean>
      </property>
      </bean>
      <bean id="logDAOTarget" class="com.fudannet.collierysecurity.module.dao.da oimpl.security.LogDAOImpl" autowire="byType"/>

Comment

You need to se the JTA TM on your HB sessionFactory. See the javadocs:

setJtaTransactionManager

public void setJtaTransactionManager(TransactionManager jtaTransactionManager) Set the JTA TransactionManager to be used for Hibernate's TransactionManagerLookup. If set, this will override corresponding settings in Hibernate properties. Allows to use a Spring-managed JTA TransactionManager for Hibernate's cache synchronization. Note: If this is set, the Hibernate settings should not define a transaction manager lookup to avoid meaningless double configuration.

See Also:LocalTransactionManagerLookup

Comment

glad to see your reply!Thanks a lot.

I have see the docs about:

setJtaTransactionManager

public void setJtaTransactionManager(TransactionManager jtaTransactionManager) Set the JTA TransactionManager to be used for Hibernate's TransactionManagerLookup. If set, this will override corresponding settings in Hibernate properties. Allows to use a Spring-managed JTA TransactionManager for Hibernate's cache synchronization. Note: If this is set, the Hibernate settings should not define a transaction manager lookup to avoid meaningless double configuration.

See Also:LocalTransactionManagerLookup
          but to jotm,I donot know how to set property:jtaTrasactionManager ,I try:

Code:
          			<props>
          				<prop key="hibernate.dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.DB2Dialect</prop>
          				<prop key="transaction.factory_class">
          					net.sf.hibernate.transaction.JTATransactionFactory
          				</prop>
          				<prop key="transaction.manager_lookup_class">
          					net.sf.hibernate.transaction.JOTMTransactionManagerLookup
          				</prop>
          				<prop key="jta.UserTransaction">java:comp/env/UserTransaction</prop>
          			</props>
          		</property>
          my tomcat config file:

Code:
          <Resource name="UserTransaction" auth="Container" type="javax.transaction.UserTransaction"/>
          			<ResourceParams name="UserTransaction">
          			<parameter>
          				<name>factory</name>
          				<value>org.objectweb.jotm.UserTransactionFactory</value>
          			</parameter>
          			<parameter>
          				<name>jotm.timeout</name>
          				<value>60</value>
          			</parameter>
          		</ResourceParams>
          but there is the same wrong,Why?

Comment

I try it like:
            Code:
            <bean id="jotmTransactionManager" class="org.springframework.jndi.JndiObjectFactoryBean">
                    <property name="proxyInterface" value="javax.transaction.TransactionManager"/>
                    <property name="jndiName" value="java:comp/UserTransaction"/>
                </bean>
            	<!-- Hibernate config-->
            	<bean id="sessionFactory" class="org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalSessionFactoryBean">
            		</property>
            		<property name="jtaTransactionManager">
            			<ref local="jotmTransactionManager"/>
            		</property>
            			<list>
            			</list>
            		</property>
            			<props>
            			</props>
            		</property>	
            	</bean>
            the same wrong appear! I'm crazy!!!

Comment

You need to pass to HB sessionfactory Spring JTA transaction manager - the userTransaction that you retrieve from JNDI should be used to create the JTATM and then this, passed on to HB SF. This is documented in detail in Spring javadocs:
              <bean id="transactionManager" class="org.springframework.transaction.jta.JtaTran sactionManager">
              <property name="userTransaction" ref="jotmTransactionManager"/>
              </bean>
              Btw, note that you can create the JOTM TM through Spring completely by using JotmFactoryBean.

Comment

Yes,two ways:
                1:JotmFactoryBean

my config file:

Code:
                <bean id="jotm" class="org.springframework.transaction.jta.JotmFactoryBean"/>

<bean id="transactionManager" class="org.springframework.transaction.jta.JtaTransactionManager">
                		<property name="userTransaction"><ref local="jotm"/></property>
                	</bean>

<bean id="innerDataSource" class="org.enhydra.jdbc.standard.StandardXADataSource" destroy-method="shutdown">
                		<property name="driverName"><value>com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver</value></property>
                		<property name="url"><value>jdbc:db2://10.0.0.200:50000/test2</value></property>
                	</bean>

<bean id="dataSource" class="org.enhydra.jdbc.pool.StandardXAPoolDataSource" destroy-method="shutdown">
                		<property name="dataSource"><ref local="innerDataSource"/></property>
                		<property name="maxSize"><value>10</value></property>
                		<property name="user"><value>coal</value></property>
                 		<property name="password"><value>coal</value></property>
                	</bean>
                	<bean id="jotmTransactionManager" class="org.springframework.jndi.JndiObjectFactoryBean">
                    </bean>

<!-- Hibernate config-->
                	<bean id="sessionFactory" class="org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalSessionFactoryBean">
                		</property>

<property name="jtaTransactionManager">
                			<ref local="jotm"/>
                		</property>

<list>
                			</list>
                		</property>
                			<props>
                			</props>
                		</property>	
                	</bean>

<bean id="baseTransactionProxy" abstract="true" class="org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionProxyFactoryBean"> 
                        <property name="transactionManager"><ref bean="transactionManager"/></property> 
                        <property name="transactionAttributes"> 
                            <props> 
                				<prop key="find*">PROPAGATION_REQUIRED,readOnly</prop>	
                				<prop key="save*">PROPAGATION_REQUIRED</prop>
                				<prop key="update*">PROPAGATION_REQUIRED</prop>
                				<prop key="delete*">PROPAGATION_REQUIRED</prop>
                            </props> 
                        </property> 
                        <property name="proxyTargetClass"> 
                			<value>true</value> 
                		</property> 
                    </bean>
                2:
                <bean id="jotmTransactionManager" class="org.springframework.jndi.JndiObjectFactoryB ean">
                </bean>

<property name="userTransaction"><ref local="jotmTransactionManager"/></property>
                </bean>

the other is same,

but it seem the same wrong!

Comment

Inside your app-context it seems you are using both of them - retrieval from JNDI and spring declaration - you should use only one. If the problem still persists then I suggest you take this issue with the devs mailing list. Make sure you try the latest hibernate and jotm libraries and search their forum also.

Comment

Costin:

I'm sure I only use a way of them

jotm's version is 2.0.10 ,it is the latest.

hibernate version is 3.1
                    spring 1.2.6

I test once just now,find it seem to use jdbcTransaction,the Exception message :

Code:
                    Hibernate: delete from USERBS where PRIKEY in (167)
                    [ERROR] 2006-02-10 16:47:17 method:org.hibernate.transaction.JDBCTransaction.toggleAutoCommit(JDBCTransaction.java:178)
                     - Could not toggle autocommit
                    java.sql.SQLException: StandardXAConnectionHandle:setAutoCommit This connection is part of a global transaction
                    	at org.enhydra.jdbc.standard.StandardXAConnectionHandle.setAutoCommit(StandardXAConnectionHandle.java:122)
                    	at org.hibernate.transaction.JDBCTransaction.toggleAutoCommit(JDBCTransaction.java:174)
                    can it be the cause of Spring? or version(hibernate?jotm?)

Comment

Just to make sure you can use hibernate 3.1.2 which is, AFAIK the latest.
                      Your problem is clearly that HB uses the JDBC TM instead of JTA - in your case Jotm.
                      I suggest you review your configuration, start from scratch if you need and turn on logging to make sure that the system reacts to your changes. Usually a classpath problem or lost file that is not being updated cause all this grief.

Comment

same error, google brings me here.
                        For all the followers, here is the answer (works for me at least):

If you use DB2, create a DB2XADataSource bean as your inner dataSource .
                        If you use MSSQL, create a SQLServerXADataSource bean as your inner dataSource.

Enjoy goolging!

Comment

Working...
                        X