Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database Reverse Engineer - problems getting started.

Hello everyone,

I need some advice on the issues I'm facing getting the "Roo database reverse engineer" command to work.

My command is: roo> database reverse engineer --schema "mydatabase" --package ~.domain.entities.
    The response is: addon search --requiresDescription "#jdbcdriver,driverclass:com.mysql.jdbc.Driver " found no matches. JDBC driver not available for 'com.mysql.jdbc.Driver'.

My JPA configuration is: MYSQL and the HIBERNATE provider.

The database exists on the local server and the connection details are the same being used by the database administration tool suite.

I would like to know how to reverse engineer the database. Can anyone help with this?

I have the same problem, seems like 2 weeks and still no answer guys?

Comment

Originally posted by btab View Post
      I need some advice on the issues I'm facing getting the "Roo database reverse engineer" command to work.

My command is: roo> database reverse engineer --schema "mydatabase" --package ~.domain.entities.
      The response is: addon search --requiresDescription "#jdbcdriver,driverclass:com.mysql.jdbc.Driver " found no matches. JDBC driver not available for 'com.mysql.jdbc.Driver'.

My JPA configuration is: MYSQL and the HIBERNATE provider.
      Take a look at the section "Missing Database Driver Wrappers" in this blog article. Also, drill down into the Jira issue ROO-3191 mentioned there.

If you don't want to follow the links to get a better idea of what's going on, just try the following commands from the ROO command line:

Code:
      osgi obr url add --url http://spring-roo-repository.springsource.org/repository.xml
      osgi obr deploy --bundleSymbolicName org.springframework.roo.wrapping.mysql-connector-java
      Once you see "Deploying ... done." in the ROO shell output, you can then proceed with your code:

Code:
      database reverse engineer --schema "mydatabase" --package ~.domain.entities.
      It should work at this point. (It did for me -- I just tested it.)

Good luck.

P.S. What I don't understand, though, is why the documentation suggests that reverse engineering should work out of the box. There's no reference to some other section of the docs to install/deploy the add-on bundle prior to reverse engineering.
      Last edited by pfurbacher; Apr 17th, 2013, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X