Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Spring HATEOAS in STS

Hi,

I've been trying to integrate Spring HATEOAS into a RESTFUL facade layer for an app I'm working on. I've basically been following along with the restbucks example from https://github.com/olivergierke/spring-restbucks

I was getting the following exception on startup when deployed in tcServer v2.7

Code:
    Mar 18, 2013 2:09:16 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext listenerStart
    SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
    	at org.springframework.asm.ClassReader.<init>(Unknown Source)
    	at org.springframework.core.type.classreading.SimpleMetadataReader.<init>(SimpleMetadataReader.java:52)
    ......stack omitted.

I thought I'd gotten something wrong so I tried cloning the repo for the actual sample project from Github and deploying that, but I got the same issue. I then tried running the example in embedded jetty via Maven and that worked.

I'm not actually sure that it's necessarily related to HATEOAS or just something I've done with the Java config of the project, which at this stage is essentially identical to the example project.

I haven't actually tried my app in Jetty but in any case I won't be deploying to Jetty so need to figure this out, but it's 2.30 am here and I'm out..........

Any ideas??????

Argghhhhhhh I found my problem. I have a Java8 JDK installed that I had been playing around with and still had it as my default JDK in Eclipse. Switching to Java7 fixed my issue. But as a heads up, for some reason the current version of Java8 doesn't seem to play nicely with tcServer & Javaconfig.

As you were people....

Comment

Working...
    X