Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem when changing from Spring-data-jpa 1.1.0.RELEASE

Hi,

I have a strange problem when I try to change version from Spring Data JPA 1.1.0.RELEASE to either 1.1.2.RELEASE/1.2.0.RELEASE/1.3.0.RELEASE. With 1.1.0 and 1.1.1 everything works fine but with newer versions I always get the following exception:
    Code:
    Caused by: org.springframework.beans.PropertyBatchUpdateException; nested PropertyAccessExceptions (1) are:
    PropertyAccessException 1: org.springframework.beans.MethodInvocationException: Property 'entityManager' threw exception; nested exception is javax.persistence.PersistenceException: Exception [EclipseLink-4002] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.4.0.v20120608-r11652): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.DatabaseException
    Internal Exception: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure

The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.
    Error Code: 0
    	at org.springframework.beans.AbstractPropertyAccessor.setPropertyValues(AbstractPropertyAccessor.java:102)
    	at org.springframework.beans.AbstractPropertyAccessor.setPropertyValues(AbstractPropertyAccessor.java:58)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyPropertyValues(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1393)
    	... 20 more
    The database is up and running, with 1.1.0/1.1.1 have no connection issues. Anyone has any ideas what can cause my problem?
    Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by marczeeee; Mar 3rd, 2013, 04:42 PM.

Well, mistery solved and it was my bad: the mysql server wasn't properly configured and that caused this weird situation. I still don't know why the 1.1.0 and 1.1.1 versions didn't throw any exception but after configuring the database everything works as expected. Lesson learned: always check the server carefully when getting connection failures.

Comment

Working...
    X