Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dependency changes in SD JPA 1.3.0 causing problems

Hi all,

It looks like Spring Data JPA 1.3.0.RELEASE depends on a new artifact, spring-data-commons 1.5.0.RELEASE (not spring-data-commons-core, which appears to have ended its life at 1.4.1.RELEASE). However, the latest release of spring-data-mongodb (1.1.2.RELEASE) still depends on spring-data-commons-core 1.4.1.RELEASE (not the new spring-data-commons).

I'll skip the gory details of why this is a problem for me, but they have to do with NoSuchMethodFoundErrors when using both SD JPA & SD MongoDB in the same or related projects. Can the SD team tell me if the various Spring Data subprojects will all be released with the spring-data-commons-core dependency replaced by spring-data-commons?

Also, I noticed while researching this that the Spring Data JPA site is a bit out of date in its "Latest News" section. Its most recent item says "Spring Data JPA 1.1.0 GA released (May 16th, 2012)". The latest Spring Data JPA blog entry I could find is dated 15 Oct 2012 announcing the SD JPA 1.2.0.RELEASE. I can't figure out quite how I missed the announcement of SD JPA 1.3.0.RELEASE with the new spring-data-commons dependency change (and I can't seem to find it now).

Can we get more information on the spring-data-commons changes with the SD JPA 1.3.0 release and what the plans are for the other Spring Data subprojects?

...and 3 days later I see the announcement for the Spring Data Arora release train. Sheesh.

Nevermind.

Comment

Sorry for causing the trouble, Matthew. Pulling the individual bits and pieces together took a bit of time this time. I hope everything is set right now.

Comment

I understand; there are lots of moving parts. I must've been caught mid-release. No problem, though; I already reverted my workaround in favor of spring-commons-core.

Comment

Working...
        X