Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Configuration problem: org.springframework.data.jpa.repository.config.Jpa Repositories Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Configuration problem: org.springframework.data.jpa.repository.config.Jpa Repositories

I am building a simple web application using:
    • Eclipse
    • Spring webmvc
    • Spring data
    • Hibernate

So far I have successfully created a very simple webapp capable of presenting a list of things to do. The list is retrieved from a simple service and all is wired together using annotations.

Now - I would like to have my simple service actually fetch the things to do from a database.

Using Spring data I have been able to build entity, repository and configuration classes and I can use them to fetch data from the database and print it out to the console. But only when run stand-alone.

As soon as my config class is visible to <context:component-scan> I get an error from my embedded TomCat:

Configuration problem: org.springframework.data.jpa.repository.config.Jpa RepositoriesRegistrar was @Import'ed but is not annotated with @Configuration nor does it declare any @Bean methods. Update the class to meet one of these requirements or do not attempt to @Import it.
    I have nailed the problem down to the @EnableJpaRepositories in the config class. The definition of this annotation includes @Import(value={JpaRepositoriesRegistrar.class}):

Code:
    package myproj.configs;

import javax.persistence.EntityManagerFactory;

import org.springframework.context.annotation.Bean;
    import org.springframework.context.annotation.Configuration;
    import org.springframework.context.annotation.Import;
    import org.springframework.dao.support.PersistenceExceptionTranslator;
    import org.springframework.data.jpa.repository.config.EnableJpaRepositories;
    import org.springframework.data.jpa.repository.support.JpaRepositoryFactory;
    import org.springframework.data.repository.core.support.RepositoryFactorySupport;
    import org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateExceptionTranslator;
    import org.springframework.orm.jpa.JpaTransactionManager;
    import org.springframework.orm.jpa.LocalContainerEntityManagerFactoryBean;
    import org.springframework.orm.jpa.vendor.HibernateJpaDialect;
    import org.springframework.orm.jpa.vendor.HibernateJpaVendorAdapter;
    import org.springframework.transaction.annotation.EnableTransactionManagement;

@Configuration
    @Import(MyDataSource.class)
    @EnableTransactionManagement
    @EnableJpaRepositories("myproj")
    public class MyConfig {

@Bean
        public EntityManagerFactory entityManagerFactory() {

HibernateJpaVendorAdapter vendorAdapter = new HibernateJpaVendorAdapter();
            vendorAdapter.setGenerateDdl(false);

LocalContainerEntityManagerFactoryBean factory = new LocalContainerEntityManagerFactoryBean();
            factory.setJpaVendorAdapter(vendorAdapter);
            factory.setPackagesToScan(new String[] {"myproj"});
            factory.setDataSource(MyDataSource.myDataSource());
            factory.afterPropertiesSet();

return factory.getObject();
        }
    I have been searching the web for similar problems for the last two days without success.

Can anyone help?

Please let me know if I need to supply additional information or source code.

Code:
    INFO: Initializing Spring FrameworkServlet 'MyWebApp'
    Jan 16, 2013 2:03:14 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
    SEVERE: StandardWrapper.Throwable
    org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefinitionParsingException: Configuration problem: org.springframework.data.jpa.repository.config.JpaRepositoriesRegistrar was @Import'ed but is not annotated with @Configuration nor does it declare any @Bean methods. Update the class to meet one of these requirements or do not attempt to @Import it.
    Offending resource: class path resource [org/springframework/data/jpa/repository/config/JpaRepositoriesRegistrar.class]
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.FailFastProblemReporter.error(FailFastProblemReporter.java:68)
    	at org.springframework.context.annotation.ConfigurationClassBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitionForConfigurationClassIfNecessary(ConfigurationClassBeanDefinitionReader.java:145)
    	at org.springframework.context.annotation.ConfigurationClassBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitionsForConfigurationClass(ConfigurationClassBeanDefinitionReader.java:114)
    	at org.springframework.context.annotation.ConfigurationClassBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(ConfigurationClassBeanDefinitionReader.java:105)
    	at org.springframework.context.annotation.ConfigurationClassPostProcessor.processConfigBeanDefinitions(ConfigurationClassPostProcessor.java:264)
    	at org.springframework.context.annotation.ConfigurationClassPostProcessor.processConfigurationClasses(ConfigurationClassPostProcessor.java:199)
    	at org.springframework.context.annotation.ConfigurationClassPostProcessor.postProcessBeanDefinitionRegistry(ConfigurationClassPostProcessor.java:175)
    	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.invokeBeanFactoryPostProcessors(AbstractApplicationContext.java:617)
    	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:446)
    	at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.configureAndRefreshWebApplicationContext(FrameworkServlet.java:609)
    	at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.createWebApplicationContext(FrameworkServlet.java:571)
    	at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.createWebApplicationContext(FrameworkServlet.java:623)
    	at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.initWebApplicationContext(FrameworkServlet.java:491)
    	at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.initServletBean(FrameworkServlet.java:432)
    	at org.springframework.web.servlet.HttpServletBean.init(HttpServletBean.java:133)
    	at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:160)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.initServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1266)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1185)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:1080)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:5026)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5313)
    	at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.reload(StandardContext.java:3919)
    	at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappLoader.backgroundProcess(WebappLoader.java:426)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.backgroundProcess(ContainerBase.java:1364)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.processChildren(ContainerBase.java:1566)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.processChildren(ContainerBase.java:1576)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.processChildren(ContainerBase.java:1576)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.run(ContainerBase.java:1555)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
    Last edited by Jenseman; Jan 16th, 2013, 03:28 PM.

Hi Gordon,

I do use JUnit but I havent implemented any tests yet.

I dont really execute as such. The presence of the @EnableJpaRepositories immediatly breaks the automatic republishing of my servlet to Tomcat. The stackdump is from the Tomcat console output.

I will revert when I have tried out your congiguration. Thanks:-)

Best regards
    Jens Krogsboell

Comment

Hi Gordon,

Its no problem - I found it - it didn't solve my problem though.

But yesterday afternoon a colleague of mine came to my rescue helping me sort out my dependencies. It turned out to be related to me trying to run spring-data 1.2.0 with spring-other-stuff 3.1.0.

I have upgraded my project to spring 3.2.0.RELEASE and the problem has gone. Unfortunately I haven't been able to reproduce it afterwards, so I cant say exactly how it came about.

But anyways - a YALVMI (Yet Another Library Version Mismatch Issue).

Thanks a lot for you effort.

Br
      Jens

Comment

Working...
      X