Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: org.springframework.dao.InvalidDataAccessApiUsage Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: org.springframework.dao.InvalidDataAccessApiUsage

Hi,
    any help would be appreciated.....

I'm working on a user registration transaction and I'm at the point where I'm submitting the user to save to the db....
    It gets up to the dao

getHibernateTemplate().save(user);

then throws up.

javax.servlet.ServletException: #{pc_Register.registerUser}: javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: org.springframework.dao.InvalidDataAccessApiUsageE xception: Write operations are not allowed in read-only mode (FlushMode.NEVER) - turn your Session into FlushMode.AUTO or remove 'readOnly' marker from transaction definition
    javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServl et.java:209)
    org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.support.OpenSes sionInViewFilter.doFilterInternal(OpenSessionInVie wFilter.java:174)
    org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilte r.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:76)

root cause

I'm pretty sure it's a config error somewhere..... just don't know where.

I'm fairly new to spring, hibernate and jsf ....... so I'm not too sure what other back ground info you might need to help me. Let me know.

Thanks,
    Hasdy
Working...
X