Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
After update from 3.0.6 to 3.1.3, getting unexplained "Invalid column type" Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After update from 3.0.6 to 3.1.3, getting unexplained "Invalid column type"

I have an app that was working fine with 3.0.6. I'm upgrading to 3.1.3. I noticed that SimpleJdbcDaoSupport is now deprecated. I use named parameters, so I changed it to NamedParameterJdbcDaoSupport. Now my queries are all failing with "Invalid column type". That's all it's giving me. I can get the SQL it's using. I've stared at the parameter map I'm producing. I don't see what might be wrong, and the error message isn't helping me. I tried stepping into the "query" code (like "org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.execut e(PreparedStatementCreator, PreparedStatementCallback<T>)", but it's still not giving me any useful information.

What can I do to narrow this down?

I figured this out. I was fooled by the fact that when moving from SimpleJdbcDaoSupport to NamedParameterJdbcDaoSupport, the order of the "rowmapper" and "paramsmap" arguments were reversed, but the reverse order ended up being syntactically valid, just extremely invalid semantically. It was trying to insert a Map object as a prepared statement parameter.

Comment

Working...
    X