• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getSimpleJdbcTemplate().query() problem

Hello,

When I execute the following code, on Oracle:

Code:
    public static String QUERY_DATOS_LINEA="SELECT LIN_ID,LIN_IDF FROM CVI_LINEAS@SAE_DB";

List<DatosLinea> lista = getSimpleJdbcTemplate().query(QUERY_DATOS_LINEA, new ParameterizedRowMapper<DatosLinea>(){
    			public DatosLinea mapRow(ResultSet rs, int rowNum) throws SQLException {
    				DatosLinea lin = new DatosLinea();
    				lin.setId(rs.getInt("LIN_ID"));
    				lin.setIdf(rs.getString("LIN_IDF"));
    				return lin;
    			}
    I get the following error:

Exception in thread "main" org.springframework.jdbc.BadSqlGrammarException: StatementCallback; bad SQL grammar [SELECT LIN_ID,LIN_IDF FROM CVI_LINEAS@SAE_DB]; nested exception is java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-02041: client database did not begin a transaction
    ORA-02063: preceding line from SAE_DB

When I execute the query directly on TOAD, it runs ok, but with the getSimpleJdbcTemplate().query method, it doesn't work.

I know the problem is in the '@SAE_DB' part, maybe it's not compatible with this method, but that's the only way I know to access the database, since it is in another server and I can't access directly from the dblink I was given. If I don't use it, it tells me that the table CVI_LINEAS does not exist.

Anyone can help? If you need more info, just ask.

PS: sorry for the lack of details, but I'm not used to work with Oracle

Judging from the stacktrace you are running without transactions and apparently this feature needs transactions. So configure transactions (even if they are readonly).

Comment

I'm not the DB Admin. Is there any way to configure it directly in my code?

Comment

It has nothing to do with your db it has all to do with the absence of proper tx configuration in your application. I suggest a read of the spring reference guide.

Comment

In my applicationContext.xml file I have the following configuration:

<bean id="transactionManager" class="org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DataSou rceTransactionManager">
          <property name="dataSource" ref="dataSource"/>
          </bean>

I'm using the oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver driver contained in the ojdbc6-11.2.0.3.jar

Shouldn't the transactions be managed automatically?

I'm I seeing it wrong?

Comment

Again read the reference guide... Only a transaction manager isn't enough. You only configured the how (transactionmanager) not the WHEN (transaction attributes/configuration).

Comment

Can you please point me to any transaction management/configuration example? I've been reading the reference guide since this morning and still I can't figure it out.

Comment

Working...
              X