X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A fundamental question about data access through hibernate

I know a lot need to explored before asking this but still as a fresher inquistiveness i want to know that whether
    "It is possible to do all the data access tasks if we use spring and hibernate together...or is there something that has to single handedly done by Spring 1.2 or Hibernate 3.0"

Spring is just a glue around Hibernate - HB will be the framework that will do all the data access in the end. If you can do the data access through Hibernate clearly you can do it through Spring and HB (most of the times in more easier way).

Comment

Originally posted by costin
      Spring is just a glue around Hibernate - HB will be the framework that will do all the data access in the end. If you can do the data access through Hibernate clearly you can do it through Spring and HB (most of the times in more easier way).
      Thanks for the booster .
      In that case is implementing HibernateDAOSupport is the only ay way to hook up with Hibernate from Spring ...or there are other ways...if so where do i find them

Comment

HibernateDAOSupport is a utility class - you can chose to use that or not - it's up to you and your requirements. See the reference documentation for more details about the hibernate support and then see the samples provided along with Spring.
        There are also a lot of tutorials on the site called springhub.com

Comment

Working...
        X