• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring jdbc template - please help to resolve-

Code:
    	public List<DashboardBean> fin(){

@SuppressWarnings("unchecked")
    		List<DashboardBean> dashboardBean = jdbcTemplate.query("select count(SLA_BREACHED) as SLA_EXCEED,count(WITHIN_SLA) WITHIN_SLA,count(*) TOT_SR,round((count(WITHIN_SLA)/count(*))*100,2) SLA_PER from (" +
    				"select CASE WHEN (DATE_COMMITED-CASE WHEN DATE_CLOSED  is null THEN SYSDATE ELSE DATE_CLOSED END)>=0 THEN SR_NUMBER END 'SLA_BREACHED'," +
    						" CASE WHEN (DATE_COMMITED-CASE WHEN DATE_CLOSED  is null THEN SYSDATE ELSE DATE_CLOSED END)<0 THEN SR_NUMBER END  'WITHIN_SLA'" +
    								"from sbl_service_request_v" +
    								"where SR_TYPE ='Complaint'" +
    								"and OWNING_DIVSION ='IT'" +
    								"and ASSIGNED_DIVISION  = 'CSO'" +
    								"and to_char(ASSIGNED_DATETIME,'MM-YY') =to_char(sysdate,'MM-YY'))",
    						new Object[] {},
    						new RowMapper() {
    							public DashboardBean mapRow(ResultSet rs, int rowNum)
    									throws SQLException {
    								DashboardBean dashboardBean = new DashboardBean();
    								dashboardBean.setSlaExceed(Integer.valueOf(rs.getString("SLA_EXCEED")));
    								dashboardBean.setWithinSla(Integer.valueOf(rs.getString("WITHIN_SLA")));
    								dashboardBean.setTotSr(Integer.valueOf(rs.getString("TOT_SR")));
    								dashboardBean.setSlaPer(Double.valueOf(rs.getString("SLA_PER")));
    								return dashboardBean;
    							}

});

return dashboardBean;
    	}

My Error was like this :

Code:
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    	at com.priyan.contact.dao.ContactDAOImpl.fin(ContactDAOImpl.java:39)
    	at com.priyan.contact.service.ContactServiceImpl.fin(ContactServiceImpl.java:43)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    	at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:309)
    	at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:183)
    	at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:150)
    	at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:110)
    	at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)
    	at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:202)
    	at $Proxy27.fin(Unknown Source)
    	at com.priyan.contact.controller.ContactController.listAllContacts(ContactController.java:69)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

above QUERY was running successfully in my ORACLE DB Tool (Ex: TOAD )

Error Mentioned line was above my DAO Class Query defined line..

plesae help me friends?
    are there any mistake with my SQL code ?

Have you actually READ the stacktrace? Judging from that you aren't using the dao from the context but creating a new one inside your service.

Comment

Thanks Marten

Originally posted by Marten Deinum View Post
      Have you actually READ the stacktrace? Judging from that you aren't using the dao from the context but creating a new one inside your service.
      Thanks again for your earlier reply.
      but i can't get idea about 'Stacktrace'. please tell me wat z you mean by it ?

earlier i enter simple select quey without rowmapper & used SysOut & console showed that.
      i think error with my SQL Code.

please assist friend..

Comment

If you don't know what a stack trace is I suggest starting to read on java first.

As stated the error isn't in your query it is in the way you use your code. As stated you are probably creating a new instance of your dao in your service.

Comment

Marten,

Originally posted by Marten Deinum View Post
          you are probably creating a new instance of your dao in your service.
          please explain the above sentence friend..i haven't idea about it

[sorry for my english :-) ]

Comment

You really seem to be missing basic java concepts I suggest a java tutorial/read before progressing? I cannot state it more clearly then that you are creating a new instance of your dao in the service.

Comment

Working...
            X