Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Dependency Injection of org.springframework.jdbc.object.BatchSqlUpdate causing proble Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dependency Injection of org.springframework.jdbc.object.BatchSqlUpdate causing proble

Hi

I wanted to use BatchSqlUpdate feature as I wanted to insert 30000 records from a web-app to DB. I am using a DAO class by extending org.springframework.jdbc.core.support.JdbcDaoSuppo rt class. I have written a method in the DAO class as below...

private BatchSqlUpdate batchSqlUpdate;
    // set and get methods for BatchSqlUpdate...

pulic void processBatch(Object [] data) {
    batchSqlUpdate.update(data);
    }

Now I wanted to induce the BatchSqlUpdate as a dependency which is failing.
    <bean id="batchSqlUpdate"
    class="org.springframework.jdbc.object.BatchSqlUpd ate">
    <constructor-arg index="0"><ref bean="dataSource"/></constructor-arg>
    <constructor-arg index="1"><value>INSERT INTO RINGTONES_LOAD ( PROVIDER_NM, PERIOD_START_DT, PERIOD_END_DT, VENDOR_NM, COUNTRY_CD, PRODUCT_NO, UPC_CD, ISRC_CD, GRID_NO, BMG_TRACK_NO, PROD_TYPE, UNITS_DELIVERED_QT, PPD, WHOLESALE_VAL, RETAIL_VAL, CURRENCY_CD, TRANS_TYPE, SERVICE_TYPE, DIGITAL_USE, MEDIA_TYPE_KY, PRODUCT_ARTIST_NM, PRODUCT_NM, SONG_TITLE_TX ) VALUES ( ?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)</value></constructor-arg>
    </bean>

Above is the batchSqlUpdate object configuration. How to induce BatchSqlUpdate as a dependency ?

Can any one tell me what is the best way to use BatchSqlUpdate where I need to process a large a file uploaded and the use the DAO to insert the data using BatchSqlUpdate in to DB. And also I have to seperate the file processing and DB operations seperate. Looking forward for a help!!!

Exception:
    2005-11-04 22:01:19,906 ERROR [org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader] - Context initialization failed
    org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationExce ption: Error creating bean with name 'batchSqlUpdate' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.dao.InvalidDataAccessApiUsageE xception: SQL 'INSERT INTO RINGTONES_LOAD ( PROVIDER_NM, PERIOD_START_DT, PERIOD_END_DT, VENDOR_NM, COUNTRY_CD, PRODUCT_NO, UPC_CD, ISRC_CD, GRID_NO, BMG_TRACK_NO, PROD_TYPE, UNITS_DELIVERED_QT, PPD, WHOLESALE_VAL, RETAIL_VAL, CURRENCY_CD, TRANS_TYPE, SERVICE_TYPE, DIGITAL_USE, MEDIA_TYPE_KY, PRODUCT_ARTIST_NM, PRODUCT_NM, SONG_TITLE_TX ) VALUES ( ?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)' requires 23 bind variables, but 0 variables were declared for this object
    org.springframework.dao.InvalidDataAccessApiUsageE xception: SQL 'INSERT INTO RINGTONES_LOAD ( PROVIDER_NM, PERIOD_START_DT, PERIOD_END_DT, VENDOR_NM, COUNTRY_CD, PRODUCT_NO, UPC_CD, ISRC_CD, GRID_NO, BMG_TRACK_NO, PROD_TYPE, UNITS_DELIVERED_QT, PPD, WHOLESALE_VAL, RETAIL_VAL, CURRENCY_CD, TRANS_TYPE, SERVICE_TYPE, DIGITAL_USE, MEDIA_TYPE_KY, PRODUCT_ARTIST_NM, PRODUCT_NM, SONG_TITLE_TX ) VALUES ( ?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)' requires 23 bind variables, but 0 variables were declared for this object
    at org.springframework.jdbc.object.SqlOperation.compi leInternal(SqlOperation.java:55)
    at org.springframework.jdbc.object.RdbmsOperation.com pile(RdbmsOperation.java:303)
    at org.springframework.jdbc.object.RdbmsOperation.aft erPropertiesSet(RdbmsOperation.java:281)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods(Abstr actAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:809)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:778)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAuto wireCapableBeanFactory.java:359)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:226)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:147)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultL istableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(Defaul tListableBeanFactory.java:262)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplic ationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.ja va:330)
    at org.springframework.web.context.support.AbstractRe freshableWebApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractRef reshableWebApplicationContext.java:150)
    at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.crea teWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:246)
    at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.init WebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:184)
    at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListe ner.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java: 49)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerS tart(StandardContext.java:3692)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(Sta ndardContext.java:4127)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInt ernal(ContainerBase.java:759)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(Co ntainerBase.java:739)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(Sta ndardHost.java:524)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirec tory(HostConfig.java:910)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirec tories(HostConfig.java:873)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps( HostConfig.java:474)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostC onfig.java:1118)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEv ent(HostConfig.java:310)
    at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLife cycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(Conta inerBase.java:1020)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(Standa rdHost.java:718)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(Conta inerBase.java:1012)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(Stan dardEngine.java:442)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(Sta ndardService.java:450)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(Stan dardServer.java:680)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalin a.java:536)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknow n Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Un known Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootst rap.java:275)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstr ap.java:413)

Thanks & Regards
    Ramesh Mandaleeka
    Last edited by RameshMandaleeka; Dec 20th, 2005, 05:10 AM.

Hi,

Since you are not passing in the values to the sql insert statement you are getting this error.For each of the parameters you have to give a declaration.
    It is similar to what you do in case of Stored Procedures.And when you are calling the update function pass in the values.

Hope that helps.

Comment

BatchSqlUpdate inconsistent dependency injection to normal object creation

BatchSqlUpdate class is having overloaded constructors. The BatchSqlUpdate(DataSource , String) is the constructor i used for dependency injection. But the DI container is expecting BatchSqlUpdate(DataSource, String, int[]) as the super class RdbmsOperation afterPropertiesSet() method is trying to compile the Statement. As I am using the BatchSqlUpdate(DataSourcde, String) construtor. The object initialization is not complete so there by DI is failing.

But programatically

BatchSqlUpdate bsu = new BatchSqlUpdate(DataSorce, SQL);
      Object [] someObjects = ...;

bsu.update(someObjects);

Will work fine though I didnt specified int [] types of the parameters.

So what is the way out. Can I DI int[] ??? If yes how can do? Can any one mention the syntax for this.

Any other solutions please kindly post.

Thanks & Regards
      Ramesh

Comment

I have the same issue. Could you please help me?

Comment

This appears to be a bug. BatchSqlUpdate doesn't have declared parameters. I believe it wouldn't normally come up because BatchSqlUpdate is not thread-safe and is not usually created inside an ApplicationContext. But that shouldn't disqualify its use. You certainly could make it a non-singleton bean. I would recommend posting a bug on Jira.

However, I would also recommend not creating one inside an application context, but using new and using inside a DAO which has the DataSource set, so you can construct a new object for each batch operation.

Comment

Working...
          X