Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hibernate transaction events in Spring

Hi,

I am implementing an event queue for the Hibernate event system for my application. I want to delay the dispatching of events to a point where Hibernate session has been flushed but the transaction has not yet committed so I can start a new session which then does some updates. Basically, I want an update to a domain object trigger an update to its children.

I know I can use the TransactionSynchronization interface to catch before commit and after commit events but how can I get begin commit events? I tried overriding doBegin of HibernateTransactionManager but it is called before transaction synchonization is initialized, so I cannot call TransactionSynchronizationManager.registerSynchron ization() there.

Is there a way to receive transaction begin events from Spring?

Indeed TransactionSynchronization contains a contract related to the ending of a transaction not the beginning.
    If you are using the TransactionProxyFactoryBean you can add a pre or post interceptor which will be called just before or just after the transaction interceptor - see the javadocs for more details.

Comment

I implemented a post interceptor for TransactionProxyFactoryBean which does the registerSynchronization() call now. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
      X