Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Is there a class to replace o.s.o.hibernate3.HibernateTemplate with Hibernate 4? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a class to replace o.s.o.hibernate3.HibernateTemplate with Hibernate 4?

Hi all,
    I've a fair amount of code using Spring's HibernateTemplate. We are migrating from Hibernate 3 to Hibernate 4 and could not find an equivalent implementation for Hibernate 4. Am I looking at the wrong place? If this functionality does not exist maybe someone can suggest an option that would ease the migration.

Thanks,
    Guy.

No... HibernateTemplate should be considered deprecated since the release of hibernate 3.0.1 (about 2007). You should use plain hibernate daos as explained in the reference guide.

Comment

Will HibernateTemplate & HibernateDAOSupport recommended in Spring 3.2.x or not?

Hi..

We are trying to use HibernateTemplate as ORM tool and we are using spring 3.2.x version in our application. But, when I was googling came to know that we should use HibernateTemplate&HibernateDAOSupport. So, please let me know whether we need to use HibernateTemplate or do we have any other best option?

And please let us know which version of Hibernate we need to use, Hibernate 3 or 4?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Don't use HibernateTemplate/HibernateDaoSupport... Simply use the hibernate sessionfactory and the getCurrentSession method. I strongly suggest you take a read of the reference guide.

Comment

Working...
        X