X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Data without Autowiring

Is it possible to use Spring Data **without** using @Autowired Repositories? I've been googling for such an example with no luck.

I see a statement in the Spring Data documentation that you may manually define a repository:

Code:
    <repositories base-package="com.acme.repositories">
      <repository id="userRepository" />
    </repositories>
    However, when I do this, I am not able to reference bean id="userRepository" elsewhere in my config xml.

Am thinking I might have to just use JPATemplate....

Chris

Hi, yes, it's possible, for example, if you have the repository "com.acme.repositories.UserRepository", you can write (data-jpa.xml or similar):

Code:
    	<jpa:repositories base-package="com.acme.repositories" />
    	<bean id="myService"
    		class="com.acme.service.MyServiceImpl">
    		<property name="userRepository" ref="userRepository"></property>
    	</bean>

Comment

I am able to get it to work if I create my own repo:

Repo declaration:

Code:
          <bean id="tradeRepositoryCustom" class="com.tradeflow.dataaccess.repository.TradeRepositoryCustomImpl">
              <constructor-arg name="domainClass"  type="java.lang.Class" value="com.tradeflow.dataaccess.domain.TradeHeader"/>
              <constructor-arg name="emf" ref="entityManagerFactory"/>
          </bean>
      Repo code:

Code:
      public class TradeRepositoryCustomImpl extends SimpleJpaRepository<TradeHeader, Integer> implements ITradeRepositoryCustom {

public TradeRepositoryCustomImpl(Class<TradeHeader> domainClass, EntityManagerFactory emf) {
              super(domainClass, emf.createEntityManager());
          }

@Override
          public List<TradeHeader> findByUpdateTimeGreaterThan(Timestamp updateTime) {
              return null;  //To change body of implemented methods use File | Settings | File Templates.
          }
      }

What I was trying to do was avoid manually creating the repo, such that I could use the Spring Data created queries using method names ( as descibed here: http://static.springsource.org/sprin...ery-creation):

Code:
      public interface ITradeRepositoryCustom extends CrudRepository<TradeHeader, Integer> {

List<TradeHeader> findByUpdateTimeGreaterThan(Timestamp updateTime);

}
      Seems like without using annotation scanning, I have to manually create these queries...

-Chris

Comment

OK, you can do this, in the example, com.acme.repositories.UserRepository can be the interface:

Code:
        public interface UserRepository extends CrudRepository<User, UserPK>, JpaSpecificationExecutor<User> {
        	List<User> findByApplication(Application application); 
        }

Comment

This worked great, venosov!!! Thanks!!!

Comment

Hi, yes, it's possible, for example, if you have the repository "com.acme.repositories.

Comment

Working...
            X