Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Bean containing enum fails in SimpleJdbcTemplate.update but not with SimpleJDBCInsert Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bean containing enum fails in SimpleJdbcTemplate.update but not with SimpleJDBCInsert

I have a Javabean which contains an enum. When I insert the object into my Oracle database everything works. The column for the enum is a varchar2, and the enum name is successfully stored. My code is:

SqlParameterSource parameters = new BeanPropertySqlParameterSource(bean);
    Number newId = simpleJdbcInsert.executeAndReturnKey(parameters);

When I look at the log output, it appears that the SimpleJDBCInsert uses the table metadata to set the sql type (my enum is name JobStatus, and the name is PASSED):

Setting SQL statement parameter value: column index 8, parameter value [PASSED], value class com.tr.config.dashboard.job.JobStatus], SQL type 12

When I try to do an update using a SimpleJDBCTemplate on that row the update fails with "Invalid Column Type'.
    The SimpleJDBCTemplate.update doesn't use the metadata to determine the column type, so I get an unknown column type. My code is:

simpleJdbcTemplate.update(updateSql, new BeanPropertySqlParameterSource(bean));

with the log output:

Setting SQL statement parameter value: column index 7, parameter value [PASSED], value class [com.tr.config.dashboard.job.JobStatus], SQL type unknown

Is there a way for me to configure a mapping so my enum always gets mapped to a varchar2? I want to avoid having to build the parameter map myself if possible as my project has an infrastructure in place to automatically inspect the beans and build the update sql. This works great as long as all of the fields map to known sql types.

Thanks for the help!
Working...
X