Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access to a jnit's embedded database within db explorer

Probably a stupid quiestion - but I'l dare to ask it

Is it possible to connect to an embeded database constructed by a junit test in debug mode via STS database explorer, and subsequently run queries against it.

I have tried but when I connect to the datebase (H2 & HSQL) the connections always have no table contents. A specific example being: The mobile application greenhouse uses embeded databases in its JdbcEventRepositoryTest.java junit tests. The database being established via EmbeddedDatabaseFactory.java. If I stop on breakpoint & use the configuration data for the database within a STS database explorer's connection the resulting schema is empty suggesting either what I am trying to do is not possible or that I have not properly identified the connection parameters.

any ideas?

Hello

Is it possible to connect to an embeded database constructed by a junit test in debug mode via STS database explorer, and subsequently run queries against it.
    You can create a embedded DB or in-memory DB used only for Testing purposes how for example JUnit. With or without STS

I have tried but when I connect to the datebase (H2 & HSQL) the connections always have no table contents.
    Be sure you are including a script to create DB Schema, other scripts could be to insert or load some predefined data to test

Could you post your embedded DB declaration?

Comment

Working...
    X