Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
"No property delete found" error when creating a custom repository implementation Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "No property delete found" error when creating a custom repository implementation

Hi,

I have this error when I try to define a custom repository implementation to all my repositories:

2011-11-14 11:23:59.253:WARN::Nested in org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationExce ption: Error creating bean with name 'nomenclatureRepository': FactoryBean threw exception on object creation; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No property delete found for type class be.leforem.nom.domain.Nomenclature:
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No property delete found for type class be.leforem.nom.domain.Nomenclature

Here is my repository factory bean:

Code:
    package be.leforem.nom.dao.repository;

import org.springframework.data.jpa.repository.JpaRepository;
    import org.springframework.data.jpa.repository.support.JpaRepositoryFactory;
    import org.springframework.data.jpa.repository.support.JpaRepositoryFactoryBean;
    import org.springframework.data.repository.core.RepositoryMetadata;
    import org.springframework.data.repository.core.support.RepositoryFactorySupport;

import javax.persistence.EntityManager;

public class RepositoryFactoryBean<T extends JpaRepository<?, ?>> extends JpaRepositoryFactoryBean {

private EntityManager entityManager;

public void setEntityManager(final EntityManager entityManager) {
            this.entityManager = entityManager;
            super.setEntityManager(entityManager);
        }

public RepositoryFactorySupport getRepositoryFactory() {
            return new RepositoryFactory(entityManager);
        }

private static class RepositoryFactory extends JpaRepositoryFactory {

private EntityManager entityManager;

private RepositoryFactory(final EntityManager entityManager) {
                super(entityManager);
            }

@Override
            protected Object getTargetRepository(final RepositoryMetadata metadata) {

return new CommonRepositoryImpl(getEntityInformation(metadata.getDomainClass()), entityManager);
            }

@Override
            protected Class<?> getRepositoryBaseClass(final RepositoryMetadata metadata) {

return CommonRepository.class;
            }
        }
    }
    Here is my custom interface:

Code:

import org.springframework.data.jpa.repository.JpaRepository;
    import org.springframework.data.repository.NoRepositoryBean;

import java.io.Serializable;

@NoRepositoryBean
    public interface CommonRepository<T,ID extends Serializable> extends JpaRepository<T, ID> {

void deleteAndFlush(T entity);
    }
    Here is my custom repository implementation:

Code:

import org.springframework.data.jpa.repository.support.JpaEntityInformation;
    import org.springframework.data.jpa.repository.support.SimpleJpaRepository;
    import org.springframework.data.repository.NoRepositoryBean;

import java.io.Serializable;
    import javax.persistence.EntityManager;

@NoRepositoryBean
    public class CommonRepositoryImpl<T, ID extends Serializable> extends SimpleJpaRepository<T, ID> implements CommonRepository<T, ID> {

private final EntityManager entityManager;

/**
         * Creates a new {@link SimpleJpaRepository} to manage objects of the given {@link JpaEntityInformation}.
         * @param entityInformation
         * @param entityManager
         */
        public CommonRepositoryImpl(final JpaEntityInformation<T, ?> entityInformation, final EntityManager entityManager) {
            super(entityInformation, entityManager);
        }

/**
         * Creates a new {@link SimpleJpaRepository} to manage objects of the given domain type.
         * @param domainClass
         * @param em
         */
        public CommonRepositoryImpl(final Class<T> domainClass, final EntityManager em) {
            super(domainClass, em);
            entityManager = em;
        }

@Override
        public void deleteAndFlush(final T entity) {

delete(entity);
            flush();
        }
    }
    And of course, I referenced the factory class to the jpa:repositories bean:

Code:
        <jpa:repositories base-package="be.leforem.nom.dao.repository"
                          factory-class="be.leforem.nom.dao.repository.RepositoryFactoryBean"
                          transaction-manager-ref="nom.transactionManager"
                          entity-manager-factory-ref="nom.entityManager"/>
    As I have to extends SimpleJpaRepository, I guess I have create the matching constructors.

What's wrong with it ? Somebody can help me ?

Thanks ! :o)
    Last edited by kernixski; Nov 20th, 2011, 06:15 AM.

It seems spring-data tries to generate a code on the base of the deleteAndFlush method. Then it expects the property delete exists on my persistable object. It's not the behavior that I expected... Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I tried to do the same with a custom repository (not a global one) and the error is the same. Do I have to annotate the method to tell to spring-data I don't want him to generate code for this method ?

Comment

I didn't get the sample entirely (would you mind reformatting your original post using code tags?) but here's a minor glitch that might be responsible for the effect you see. getRepositoryBaseClass() expects the actual implementation class to be returned to inspect methods.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver Gierke View Post
        I didn't get the sample entirely (would you mind reformatting your original post using code tags?) but here's a minor glitch that might be responsible for the effect you see. getRepositoryBaseClass() expects the actual implementation class to be returned to inspect methods.
        Hi Oliver,

I updated my post: the code is now formated.

BTW, getRepositryBaseClass() returns my custom repository base class.

Do you have an idea of the problem ? I have the same problem when I define a custom repository (not a global one).

Comment

Well, no, it doesn't . You return CommonRepository which is the interface, not the implementation class CommonRepositoryImpl. You might wanna have a look at the test cases [0] that implement a custom repository factory and try to find out how your scenario differs from yours.

[0] https://github.com/SpringSource/spri...ository/custom

Comment

I missed this point. Thank you. :o)

I will try my code with this change.

Comment

Working...
            X