X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• conditional jndi / jdbc datasource on configuration

I'm currently dealing with a requirement to implement a strategy for a web application where I can read in a set of properties and based on them conditionally create a datasource that either uses a jndi defined jdbc connection resource managed by the application server or connect directly to the datasource (admin will provide all connection properties required).

I will be providing a property flag to indicate which type upfront the admin will be defining. I'm trying to wrap my head around how to configure this in an optimal spring fashion (sorry recent spring convert, came from an EJB shop where all resources were statically defined in the container).

Additionally once the datasource is defined I will be using it with eclipse link 2.3.0 (for multi-tenancy purposes). The reason for all of this is to create an application that is portable and does not need to rely on container defined resources unless explicitly provided.

Any assistance would be great, thanks.

Does http://blog.springsource.com/2011/02...ucing-profile/ get you closer to what you're trying to do?

Comment

Working...
    X