Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
spring jdbc extensions - oracle AQ - Custom ADT - Message Converter returning null Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spring jdbc extensions - oracle AQ - Custom ADT - Message Converter returning null

The application consumes messages from an Oracle AQ. I have configured the application context and included the section of interest below:

HTML Code:
    <bean id="messageDelegate" class="com.<my_company>.service.SumaAlertMessageDelegate" /> 

<jms:listener-container connection-factory="sumaAlertJmsConnectionFactory"
    		transaction-manager="transactionManager" message-converter="listenerMessageConverter"
    		container-class="org.springframework.data.jdbc.jms.listener.oracle.AdtMessageListenerContainer">
    		<jms:listener destination="ALERT_FROM_SUMA_TST" ref="messageDelegate" method="handleMessage"/>
    	</jms:listener-container>

<bean id="listenerMessageConverter"
                class="org.springframework.data.jdbc.jms.support.converter.oracle.MappingAdtMessageConverter">
            <constructor-arg>
                <bean class="org.springframework.data.jdbc.jms.support.oracle.StructDatumMapper">
                    <constructor-arg index="0" value="MQUEUE.SUMA_ALERT_TYPE"/>
                    <constructor-arg index="1" value="com.<my_company>.oracle.aq.SUMA_ALERT_TYPE"/>
                </bean>
            </constructor-arg>
        </bean>
    I am able to consume the message from the AQ. But the message converter seems to return null for the custom object. I verified that I am consuming (without the message converter) the message and the type consumed was of type oracle.jms.AQjmsAdtMessage

The class specified SUMA_ALERT_TYPE implements java.sql.SQLData. Looks like this implementation may be causing a problem. How would I resolve this if I have to use the Message Converter specified? Once I know how to get the content of the SUMA_ALERT_TYPE, I have to then unmarshall the message content and do some further processing with the unmarshalled object.

The attributes of the SUMA_ALERT_TYPE are - String sql_type, String message.
    While the Oracle AQ queue table consists of a whole bunch of columns one of which is SUMA_ALERT_TYPE.

Trying to go through documentation of this mapping converter but am not sure I completely follow. Any help is greately appreciated. Without the content of the message I cannot proceed further. Please help!!

Thanks
    Suraj

Do you remember if you solved the problem? I'm getting null values for the fields which are INTEGER's for others I'm getting proper non-null values.

Greetings,

Lukasz

Comment

Working...
    X