Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring-Date RC1 Changes, migration from M2

Hi,
    I am closely following progress on Sping-Data as my Generic repository handler of choice. Could you please post instructions on the recent changes in RC1. I see teasers that "No need to extend JpaRepository anymore" is that referring to something new in this release, or just that you write code against the interface as was in previous releases. Also, what changed with the QueryDsl support? Just the package location?
    Any other migration tips for upgrading?
    Thanks!

Hi,

with RC1 you're not forced to extend JpaRepository anymore to get your repository interface discovered by the namespace. You can simply choose between any of the interfaces in the JpaRepository hierarchy. E.g. if you don't need the special methods for paging and sorting you can simply extend plain CrudRepository and so on. All this is in the reference documentation of Spring Data Commons but it seems we unfotunately forgot to link this one when building the reference docs for Spring Data JPA RC1. We'll get this fixed this afternoon but if you don't want to wait have a look at [0].

We moved some chunks of the Querydsl support into Spring Data Commons to remove duplications from JPA and Mongo modules. So a simple 'Organize imports…' should do the trick.

Cheers,
    Ollie

[0] http://static.springsource.org/sprin...ies.definition

Comment

Working...
    X